Why become a member? ×

FS: WARWICK STREAMER STAGE 1 - EPIC BASS FROM 1986 - PRICE DOP!

marcWithC

Hello basschat community!
For sale is an incredible and hard to find 1986 Warwick Streamer Stage 1 bass. This one was one of my friends keeper basses, but needs to go now because he moved to a foreign country and could not carry it with him. That's why he gave me this bass as a gift. But as I'm a guitar player, I never played this bass until then.
I would say it is in a 8/10 condition, with normal wear and only a few small dings. There has been a crack in the headstock about ten years ago which has been fixed excellently by a well-known master luthier in germany. You only can see this if you look very closely at the headstock (see the detailed pictures below) but this has absolutely no impact on tone or playability. Overall this instrument plays and sounds absolutely awesome. It's hard to let it go but unfortunately it makes no sense for me to keep it.

I'm asking for [color=#ff0000][size=5][b]1499€[/b][/size][/color] incl. hardcase plus shipping.

Please find the details and pictures below:

- Bass: Warwick Streamer Stage I
- Strings: 4 string
- Serial Number: G 331 86
- Year: 1986
- Month: Juli
- Number: 331
- Neck Wood: Wenge Wood with Annegre Laminations
- Fingerboard: Wenge Wood with 4 mm Mother of Pearl Dot Inlays
- Frets: Bronce Warwick Frets
- Nut: Just a Nut Brass Version
- Neck construction: NeckThrough
- Body: 2 pcs. solid cherrywood body
- Surface: Oil Finish / BeeWax
- Pickups: Active EMG PJ Pickups
- Electronic: 2 Band MEC Electronic
- Hardware: Warwick Hardware made bei Schaller
- Made in Germany / Pretzfeld Oberfranken

If you got any further questions feel free to contact me.

[attachment=125650:Warwick_1.JPG] [attachment=125651:Warwick_2.jpg] [attachment=125652:Warwick_3.JPG] [html]<br>[/html] [attachment=125653:Warwick_4.JPG] [attachment=125654:Warwick_5.JPG] [attachment=125655:Warwick_6.JPG] [html]<br>[/html]
[attachment=125656:Warwick_7.jpg] [attachment=125657:Warwick_8.JPG] [attachment=125658:Warwick_9.JPG] [html]<br>[/html]

Edited by marcWithC

Considering it was repaired by a professional luthier I imagine that counts as being checked? Can't see a comparison with the other bass, which was just assumed dropped and never looked at.

This looks like a great bass, good luck with the sale!

No worries, I'm here for answering your questions :rolleyes:
Yep, it has been repaired and of course checked by a professional luthier. This crack showed up several years ago, has been repaired immediately with no problems at all since then. But if wished for, I could take the bass to the luthier for checking it one more time.

If your mate gave it you, gratis and free with no charge as a gift, er, I can be your mate and well , er, you could give it to me. Your mate would appreciate that in the spirit of things and well, so would I....... ;)

Thanks guys...I really appreciate your offer :D
But unfortunately (as he's one of my best friends) I'm sharing the revenue with him...
Above all I'm looking for a new guitar amp where I need some money for...so...soooorrryyy :)

Edited by marcWithC

• 4 weeks later...