Why become a member? ×

How do!

skoze

Hey guys and girls,

Stumbled across this site today while hunting for some new gear, can't believe i've never seen it before! Seems to be an absolute wealth of knowledge on here.

Little about me; i'm Matt, originally from Southend in Essex but currently living in Brighton for uni.
Been messing about with guitars for years, made the switch to bass in April of this yer after wrecking my wrist playing normal guitar (if you're gonna teach yourself, do it standing up kids) which suited me loads more - having a right laugh with it.

Currently using a squier vintage mod p bass but looking for an upgrade asap. Play in a band called The Art Club after a chance drunken meeting in a Brighton club toilets, working out really nicely - practicing, recording and writing a few times a week as well as a few gigs here and in London.

Looking forward to learning some new things!
Cheers
Matt

Hey Matt,

Welcome to BC! Wealth of info indeed, and people willing to light your path.

"Normal guitar", eh? You're lucky it's sunday, so the mods won't expel you until tomorrow. Better learn fast now! ;)

First thing you'll be taught is to keep the VM P, and "upgrade" through buying another bass. They'll be more happy as a pair.

Now expel [obsolete] your questions at us, and the ricochet will hit you with a nice sensation of dynamics...
...or something.

Enjoy!

best,
bert

Cheers guys! Lesson most definitely learnt, who needs more than 4 strings anyway...

Aiming to keep the VM set up a little more jazzy and am just settling up on a '51 RI after months lusting after one! Fell in love with a '72 Tele in Brighton, thick neck felt so right, but for £2k it's almost too nice to have fun gigging with - hopefully this'll make a nice alternative.

• 2 weeks later...