Why become a member? ×

Right a question for all you pedal heads!

Bo Millward

Right I'm after I good compressor but for a very specific reason. I'm guna run it at the start of my signal chain so it needs enough head room for a very hot active signal on input or a pad. It needs to be transparent as a mother f***er I only want about 3db of gain reduction with no real coloration and I want to retain all my dynamic control. I'm very tempted by the MXR M87 but I really don't want to pay 150 quid for the pleasure. Any alternatives out there? I'm not arsed about having a GR meter but independent Input / output / threshold / attack time / release time would be very cool. Here's the best bit can anyone find me one for under 80 quid? X

the nova dynamics is a great bit kit.

I would also suggest the T-rex Squeezer and Markbass Compressore. Both are pretty similar, although the T-rex has a smaller foot print, although both run on a silly voltage (12 I think), but have the required controls and are very clear and transparent unless you start using proper squash..