Why become a member? ×

Looking for BCers with PCB etching tools/skills

Dood

Hey all!

Well.. this is really just a feeler for the time being.. and MAY even turn into a build thread if I have time to 'make it happen'!

I have been messing around with some ideas for a while. My plan is to test the design on my bread board, possibly even do a prototype on strip board, but given that I might like to get the unit into a nice box, I'll want to mess with the design to get it to fit.

I'm just wanting to find out if anyone has etching tools/skills to do some boards for me, should I get round to building?

I may just use a single side board with no graphics on the top side.. however, if the option is there to go the whole hog, it would be a shame not to!

For those who use PC packages, is there a good onne/preferable one for DIYing.. it has been a lot of years since I used the likes of EasyPC!! ;o)

Cheers, look forward to hearing from ya!

I'll help you design the PCB, I've got quite alot of experience with it. The best software is ExpressPCB.

Rougly how many components are you thinking? It probably doesn't make sense to make your own boards, depending on how big they are ExpressPCB can make them very affordably.

Edited by Toasted

Hi Dood,

I've recently had a PCB made by a guy advertising on eBay (of all places) here's a link to his page:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PCB-Manufacture-printed-circuit-boards_W0QQitemZ280220048445QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280220048445&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PCB-Manufacture-prin...id=p3911.c0.m14[/url]

He was very helpful, extremely quick (2 day turnaround), the quality of the PCB was excellent and his prices aren't too bad either :)

HTH
Steve

Excellent! Thanks guys! Appreciated! - Well. I will hopefully get a design together. As for size, I am hoping the whole thing will drop straight into a stomp box size errr box! However I have a few ideas around some modules I own already, so may even inegrate those into a rack unit.

For now, it will be a small PCB!

Dan

• 9 months later...

[quote name='dood' post='199807' date='May 15 2008, 05:28 PM']Excellent! Thanks guys! Appreciated! - Well. I will hopefully get a design together. As for size, I am hoping the whole thing will drop straight into a stomp box size errr box! However I have a few ideas around some modules I own already, so may even inegrate those into a rack unit.

For now, it will be a small PCB!

Dan[/quote]

Hi. I don't know if this thread still 'live' but in case it is just to say that I could look at doing Schematic Capture / PCB layout for you.
I can't fabricate the pcbs myself but have a few sources for that with varying costs / levels of complexity capability.
If going DIY on the layout and under ( I think ) 30 components I'd say get a demo version of Orcad.
Or get Altium Designer Trial and get it finished in 30 days :-)