Why become a member? ×

* SOLD* DeArmond/Ashbory

Clarky

Hi all, seeing eubassix' Ashbory being sold today reminded me I have an Ashbory sat in my "GAS cellar". Bought somewhere between 5-8 years ago (really can't remember when) its been sat in its gig bag unused for the last 4-5 years. Was only ever used at home in any case.

Its in Moon Blue, in very good condition and works perfectly. Has the original E, A, and D strings and a replacement G string. Plus of course its cute little padded gig bag. Unlike the Ashbory sold today I don't have some spare strings to throw in, hence mine is priced lower (a new set costs £20).

So if you missed eubassix' Ashbory and fancy having a go with this unusual beasty just PM me.

ATB Clarky

PS. Here is a link showing the current Moon blue version which has different machine heads to the earlier version[url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=510832&index=3"]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cp...832&index=3[/url]
and here is my bass (at last!)

[attachment=8640:clarky_basss_005.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Clarky did contact me before posting this: I reckon it's a very good price - although photos will help (email me some and I'll see if I can add them) - based on recent sales of Ashborys. I checked ebay before posting mine and found one that went for £220+ (+ P&P also).
I'm not sure re. the relative values of older newer models and why some are Fender and others DeArmond (as both seem to be Korean made) .. but I'm sure somebody will know / explain.

[quote name='eubassix' post='197907' date='May 13 2008, 12:54 PM']Clarky did contact me before posting this: I reckon it's a very good price - although photos will help (email me some and I'll see if I can add them) - based on recent sales of Ashborys. I checked ebay before posting mine and found one that went for £220+ (+ P&P also).
I'm not sure re. the relative values of older newer models and why some are Fender and others DeArmond (as both seem to be Korean made) .. but I'm sure somebody will know / explain.[/quote]
Thanks for that - I will try to send you photos tonight, very kind of you. I do have someone who wants to come around and try it out at the weekend but I don't consider that a sale.

Thx Clarky

If you want to post photos, upload them to an image hosting website such as photobucket.com, and then click on the IMG code (it copies automatically) then paste it in your post when you're replying to a topic. I think it automatically resizes them too. I'm not totally sure but I've never had a problem with pictures being to large.

Good luck with the sale too, I was thinking about getting one of these but they're pretty hard to come by, and Sod's Law seems to dictate that whenever something I want comes up at a great price I'll be totally broke. If you want to hold it for me and let me pay in monthly installments of £25 let me know :)

[quote name='jono b' post='198110' date='May 13 2008, 04:51 PM']If you want to post photos, upload them to an image hosting website such as photobucket.com, and then click on the IMG code (it copies automatically) then paste it in your post when you're replying to a topic. I think it automatically resizes them too. I'm not totally sure but I've never had a problem with pictures being to large.

Good luck with the sale too, I was thinking about getting one of these but they're pretty hard to come by, and Sod's Law seems to dictate that whenever something I want comes up at a great price I'll be totally broke. If you want to hold it for me and let me pay in monthly installments of £25 let me know :huh:[/quote]
Thanks for that - I'm not very PC minded and have been using ULead digital imaging software for photos .. which was very simple when it worked :)

[quote name='jono b' post='198457' date='May 14 2008, 07:48 AM']Where's the other strap button?[/quote]
There is only one - I think the idea is you use a strap with string ends and tie them around the headstock. A quick Google of Ashbory and strap button suggests that a standard mod is to move the strap button to near the output jack (see link below)

[url="http://www.largesound.com/ashboryarticle/mod/strapmove/"]http://www.largesound.com/ashboryarticle/mod/strapmove/[/url]

[quote name='jono b' post='199783' date='May 15 2008, 05:47 PM']It's so dinky! :) For some reason I expected it to be bigger[/quote]
Its absolutely tiny, like a toy - which is why me with my rubbish intonation (gave up on fretless years ago) cannot play it. Sounds damn good and very like a DB ... but definitely one for the more "precise" player!