Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: MIJ hollowbody - restored beauty - 320 GBP

Guitar-restaurant

Hi! I have beaufifull hollowbody for sale.

Brand name is "Kingston" - i owned 2 same kingstons (other one was white).

Bass is completly restored:
-Frets are leveled and polished
-Nut is corrected and polished
-New pots, jack socket and 3way switch
-Fretboard is refreshed with dunlop 65 01, 02
-Body and neck are polished

I guarantee that you wont have any problems with this bass;)

The setup is:
Relief 0,3mm
String height at 12yh fret: 2,5mm
Tuning is very good.

Yo u can hear my guitar here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDr8sgm5m44[/media]

Price is: 390GBP

I'm from Poland and shipping is 26GBP

I accept paypal "as gift" and also money transfer

Some of you know me from my youtube channel:
youtube.com/mateuszpiotrowski ;)

More pictures:
[url="http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee416/Mateusz_Piotrowski/HBODY%20kingston%20MIJ%201968%203TS/?albumview=slideshow"]http://s1226.photobu...mview=slideshow[/url]

Edited by Mathew Piotrowski

Hi

Very nice! :)

Couple of questions - do you find that the bridge moves? It can be a problem on archtops from the 60s, particularly with this type of bridge. Can be a major pain too!!!!

What strings is the guitar set up with?

Tuners OK? No slippage?

Is there a case with it?

Bridge isnt glued to the body - its just pushed down to the body by the sting tension like on most of hollowbody guitars. Everything is fine with it. There are brass saddles on it and tuning is very good.

Here are new nickelwound stings (45-105). Thunners are pretty ok. But shaller or groover tuners will be a bit better:)

I understand how the bridge works but do you get any movement when playing? Back in the 70s when I had an old 60s semi hollow bass with this type of bridge I found that it was constantly moving both laterally and forward and back. I eventually had to have it pinned. Do you find there is movement when playing blues/rock?

Is there a hard case with the bass?

[quote name='Mathew Piotrowski' timestamp='1357293883' post='1920390']
Bridge isnt glued to the body - its just pushed down to the body by the sting tension like on most of hollowbody guitars. Everything is fine with it. There are brass saddles on it and tuning is very good.

Here are new nickelwound stings (45-105). Thunners are pretty ok. But shaller or groover tuners will be a bit better:)
[/quote]

I havent noticed bridge moving during playing (as can you see i play pretty hard with pick too).

I left 2 litte marks with a permanent marker (you can remove them with lighter fluid) for the correct bridge position. You need to remember to place bridge in the same place when you change strings, and move it a little foward/backward to get proper tuning on every fret.

I dont have a HSH for it but i promise to pack it very, vey safe for shipping. (Shipping will take average 5 days)