Why become a member? ×

Alembic Orion 5 fretted - NOW WITHDRAWN!

graham1945

Hi, I expect I'm going to regret this, but I desperately need the space!!
This is a great example of a 1997 Alembic Orion five string fretted bass, in flamed maple. Purchased new by me from the Bass Centre around the date of its birth.

I've tried to photograph the buckle rash on the rear of the bass, which is not uncommon for this type of finish, but I'm struggling to find any other marks except a very minor dint on the top of the head. The brass and gold plate are all in excellent condition, as is the Pro Tec case. It could probably use some new strings, but not much point me putting on new strings if they're not to your choice.

If you've not played an Alembic before, they have a unique sound and one of the best 34" scale B strings I've heard. I'm in Bournemouth and you'd be welcome to try this first.

I've had the neck side marker dots enlarged up to and including the twelfth fret, which is clearly shown on the pics. My old eyesight struggled in poor lighting conditions to see the original Alembic dots!

A link to the Alembic website for all the dimensions is here: [url="http://www.alembic.com/prod/orion.html"]http://www.alembic.com/prod/orion.html[/url]
Current retail price is astronomical, but I'm looking for a sensible £1,400. I'd prefer a meetup rather than shipping, and I don't want to use Paypal, thanks.

The pics hopefully speak for themselves.

[b]An update! Although I'd prefer a sale, I'd consider a trade for a good Fender (or similar) American deluxe P Bass five string (with two pickups), plus a bit of cash.[/b]

[u][font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]Further update: For a bit of new year cheer, I'll let it go for £1,250 shipped (in the UK only). If I don't get this, it'll go back in the cupboard!![/size][/font][/u]

Finally uploaded via Photobucket, many thanks to HTH on this site.

Thanks.
Graham
There is a limited amount of feedback on me in the feedback section under Graham1945, if you want to check that out.

Edited by graham1945

Oh well, looks as though this has suffered the pre Christmas gloom! Just had one offer, and a trade suggestion. So this is a shameless bump for a beautiful bass.
If it's not going to sell, I'd consider a trade deal with a good quality five string Precision, similar to the Fender American de luxe, with two pickups, plus a bit of cash, if anyone is interested.
Cheers,
Graham

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='graham1945' timestamp='1358681427' post='1943123']
This is going back on the road due to lack of any real interest. My gain!
[/quote]

Fixed it for you.....[color=#006400]"This is going back on the road due to lack of any real[s] interest [/s] cash being available.... "[/color]