Why become a member? ×

Behringer repair required

stevekendal

Just got a second hand BX1200. Lovely sound, but died second time out whan switching on. Just a loud hum, then silence. The pre amp is still working, but the power module seems to have died. I'm fine with valve amps, but this is a bit out of my scope. Anyone up North that can fix these things please? Or is it possible to get a complete new module? Steve.

Most Behringer stuff is not designed to be repaired to be honest. Also, because of this a repair will generally be more costly than a replacement... You could check out the list of recommended amp techs at the head of this forum (or maybe its the amps/cabs one) and see if there's someone near you prepared to attempt it. I think you'll probably get the same answer though.

I wouldn't say Behringer gear is necessarily not repairable. I recently bought one of their power amps and it appears to be simple to repair - doesn't even have surface mount components.

You'll find the schematics here if it's any help:

http://elektrotanya.com/behringer_bx1200_sch.zip/download.html

Hi, sorry to hear your news. You might get the same story from most techs, but as an amp tech myself I've made a point of not doing Behringer stuff at all...any of it. As has been said already its not designed to be fixed and even if it could be Behringer do not give out schematics. Alot of their pcb's are suface mount which makes it virtually impossible for the amp tech to do anything with it. I usually get these donated to me and strip them for what spares I can find that are removable. The rest is consigned to the bin. Although I must add that Behringer are not the only company doing this.
Good luck in your quest to get it fixed.
Cheers Just

[quote name='Subthumper' timestamp='1354138375' post='1882702']
Hi, sorry to hear your news. You might get the same story from most techs, but as an amp tech myself I've made a point of not doing Behringer stuff at all...any of it. As has been said already its not designed to be fixed and even if it could be Behringer do not give out schematics. Alot of their pcb's are suface mount which makes it virtually impossible for the amp tech to do anything with it. I usually get these donated to me and strip them for what spares I can find that are removable. The rest is consigned to the bin. Although I must add that Behringer are not the only company doing this.
Good luck in your quest to get it fixed.
Cheers Just
[/quote]

I found the schematic now and if anyone can help, am quite capable of removing components and replacing. I just need some helpful advice so that I dont waste time replacing the wrong parts. There isnt an awful lot in there, other than two LM3886 chips. Steve.