Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Rickenbacker 2030 .£800.

blackadder

Trades are also welcome!
[b]Will trade for a ...[/b][list]
[*][b]Fender P bass MIA (no special or MIM), [/b]
[*][b]Rickenbacker 4000/4001/4003 (+ cash your way) or [/b]
[*][b]Gibson RD preferably in maple finish (old edition only nót the new Krist-one)[/b]
[/list]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]For sale: My Rickenbacker 2030, also randomly know as the Rickenbacker the Hamburg bass.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'd like to sell this bass because i've set my eye on something else and this bass has been voted to be sacrificed in order to raise funds.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This is a bass that doesn't show up all that much. Mine is in a [b]midnight blue[/b] finish with [b]black hardware and trim[/b]. This bass is sold [/font][/size][b][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]including[/size][/font][/color][/b][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] it's (I believe) original [b]hardcase[/b], although it hasn't got the Rickenbacker-tag attached to it. The bass couldn't fit in it any better.[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]This particular lay-out is registred only 3 times on the Rickenbacker resource forum (one in England, another one in Texas and mine in Belgium, that's it...).[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Well, what more to tell about it? This particular model was [b]built in august of 1992[/b]. It surely is a player by all means. It has been used in it's 20 years of service. It has a few little dings and dongs to prove it, but nothing that influences or affects playabillity, just the normal wear and tear of an instrument that has been used for 20 years. (some at the back of the headstock and a few spread over the body.) If you are interrested I'm off course willing to take and send you more detailed pictures and close-ups of this instrument.[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The 2030's registred on the RRF go in price between [color=#000000]599 and 1785 USD. Take somewhat below the most positive one of those two prices as my guidance, so feel free to make an offer [/color][/font][/size][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]somewhere in that region[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]. I'm not looking to break the alltime highprice record for this model, neither am I willing to be booked as the cheapest 2030 ever sold. (so might be looking for a price somewhere in the region of or [/size][/font][/color][b]slightly under 1000 euro's[/b][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3], that would be[/size][/font][/color][b] GBP 800 + shipping[/b][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3])[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I'm prepared to ship (if a potential buyer is prepared to pay those costs), but for security reasons picking it up might be preferrable [/size][/font][/color]

Edited by blackadder

hi blackadder

You need to post a price if you want to sell here - forum rules, I'm afraid.

Pictures will help your sale, and more details as well - how old, what condition etc.. If you can't get your pics to upload here, perhaps you could host them somewhere else and provide a link?

Good luck with your sale :)

Monday-evening-bump

Edit: there's another one for sale on the Italian Ebay. [url="http://www.ebay.it/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310515094936&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:IT:1123"]http://www.ebay.it/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310515094936&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:IT:1123[/url]

For as far as I can't tell, there are two 2030's for sale (worldwide!) right now, and mine's the cheaper one. ;-)

Edited by blackadder

I don't really know actually. I've never played a 3001, so I don't know how they compare, but you could be on to something. In terms of headstockshape, dot inlays and the somewhat chubbier body-contours they do got some visual resemblances. The shape of the body looks to be almost or entirely identical to the 3001. (at least for as far as I can tell from looking 3001-pictures :) )

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1354662020' post='1888976']
Is this basically a twin pickup modern looking 3001?
[/quote]

I've owned both a 2030 and a 3000 which are both bolt on neck basses, though the 3000 has a short scale, the feel is similar to the 'Hamburg'. The 3001 had a longer scale and I believe a through neck, the body shape is very similar to the 2030 as you have pointed out.
The 3000 had a great feel and sound and I really regret selling it :(
The 2030 had a superb neck and a very versatile range of useable sounds however it was extraordinarily heavy, in fact the heaviest bass I have ever owned! My back doesn't regret me selling that one ;)

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1354744645' post='1890013']
So this is short scale?
[/quote]

No the 2030 has a longer scale like the 3001 - I think the only short scale commercially available Rick was the 3000

I'll give it one last try, but I think I'll withdraw the sale tomorrow. The bass I wanted to buy is probably sold, so "old blue" may stay.

For this one last time I'll consider trades. (Fender Precision, Mustang or maybe even Musicmaster, some sort of hollowbody... surprise me!) :)

Edited by blackadder

[quote name='blackadder' timestamp='1356258042' post='1908393']
Are those them weird looking Precisions? :D
[/quote]

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/194178-fender-elite-1-precision-bass-1983-usa-for-sale-l595/

A perfectly normal looking Precision just different electrics :)