Why become a member? ×

Most Excellent Customer Service.

Prime_BASS

For those that don't know, I recently had my amp cooked during rehearsals. Since I've had [url="http://www.realelectronics.co.uk/"]http://www.realelectronics.co.uk/[/url] have it and to fix it up.

A strange event, where by no pops or bangs were heard, or smoke to be seen. Simply turned itself off and wouldn't power back up.

I was infuriated, as this is the second amp I've managed to cook. The other being a Genz Streamliner 900. Plus I'm not in the financial position to go and get a another amp in the meantime as I had been last year.

I was worried I'd be ampless for months and it costing me a fortune. The Genz was serviced by Fender GBI, and while they did a stellar job and the service overall was very good, it cost about half the price of the amp to fix and took about 5-6 months.

I expressed these fears to a lady called Cat who was very quick to respond to emails, and very helpful. She assured me the job wouldn't take months but I should allow at least 5 days to for the unit to 'get to bench' and then maybe another week or so depending on weather or not parts need to be ordered, she also stated they wouldn't simply do a 'board swap' unless necessary and they repair down to component level. Excellent I thought. I packaged her up and sent her out Wednesday, expecting at least a week to get a quote for the repairs.

I had a call Friday while work, that they had done the investigation and several parts needed replacing with a quote of £104, not too bad but still big. However, awesome I thought I may get it back a bit earlier than expected.

Friday night I had call saying work was completed and that I just need to pay.

That is astonishingly quick, for anyone.
They said I'd missed that days pick up but it would be sent Monday, and I should receive it Tuesday.

That is not even a weeks wait. I am really surprised, there are still good guys out there doing awesome work, and I recommend them to anyone with amp issues, as they'll attempt any job, from any brand.

Cat and her team have done a sterling job by me.

I just thought I'd share these very pleasant experience with all you boys and girls.

Stephen