Why become a member? ×

Salisbury Music Awards

deaver

Music awards, they're trite, self-serving and meaningless...however, I've accidentally got nominated for one locally so I've adjusted my opinion of them accordingly. If you wish to sully yourself with this sort of thing you can vote here http://www.intrepidred.co.uk (scroll down a bit for the voting form). As a guide to casting your vote, I am John Taylor of The Intercepteurs - I'm hoping to clean up on the basis of votes from middle-aged women who think I'm someone else. Thanks in advance, I'll post a clip of my Gwyneth Paltrow acceptance speech if I get the nod on the night.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1353338243' post='1873782']
Done. Can you get me Simon Le Bon's autograph, please?
[/quote]

Cheers. The best I can probably do autograph wise is Brian Dutton (Salisbury City's 'utility' player) who's on the presentation committee or failing that Phil Harding (the wurzel off the Time Team) if I bump in to him down the pub

Edited by deaver

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1353352445' post='1874159']
I already know (through the connection we mentioned yesterday) Phil ( who will shortly looking for a new TV job) but I'll vote anyway!
[/quote]

Should have realised he'd be at the Blues jam. Never seen him play, seen him work though - doesn't leap about with quite the same gusto on site in real life as if does on the telly

• 2 weeks later...

I know you're all desperate to know....we won Best Song, Best Ska/Reggae/Punk band, Best Drummer - thanks to those who took the time to vote. It was all actually a bit of wheeze and a mighty fine night of local music. And a real rarity - a decent photo of the bass player

Edited by deaver