Why become a member? ×

KC & The Sunshine Band - What great bass grooves!

SMART

One of my fav 70's group is KC and the Sunshine Band, especially 'Get Down Tonight' which has a killer bass line with lots of feel and lots of space.

I remember reading about their bass player in an old issue of 'Bass Player' magazine but can't recall his name? I recall he plays a Fender 'J' bass and what a sound!

Anyone?

Ciao

Ian

Edited by SMART

[quote name='Sean' post='196506' date='May 11 2008, 01:35 PM']Richard Finch. He was one of the founders and has worked with tons of people over the years.[/quote]

Fantastic! Thanks for that, he had great feel for the groove keeping things tight and simple.

Ciao

Ian

The best Groove of theirs for me is 'Thats the way, I like it'
Lovely lock with the bass drum, the bass plays two semi quavers after the bass drum on the second and third semi quavers of beat three while the bass drum has just played the first and fourth of the prvious beat.
Great Groove!!

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='jakesbass' post='196601' date='May 11 2008, 05:41 PM']The best Groove of theirs for me is 'Thats the way, I like it'
Lovely lock with the bass drum, the bass plays two semi quavers after the bass drum on the second and third semi quavers of beat three while the bass drum has just played the first and fourth of the prvious beat.
Great Groove!![/quote]

I play this at every gig and don't understand a word of the above lol :) sounds good, though I doubt I play it correct, I have my "own" versions of most songs ( for "own" read simplified :huh: )

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='196706' date='May 11 2008, 09:10 PM']I play this at every gig and don't understand a word of the above lol :) sounds good, though I doubt I play it correct, I have my "own" versions of most songs ( for "own" read simplified :huh: )[/quote]
as long as you understand the sound the words don't matter, or are optional.
Jake