Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1991 Trace Elliot 715S 200w Combo - Price drop

drewm

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1991 pre-Gibson Series 6 GP7 715S, which I believe is 200 watt into 4 ohms. It has a single 8 ohm speaker internally with output for a second. There's a bit of a thread about it here: [/font][/color][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/73211-name-that-amp/"]http://basschat.co.u...-name-that-amp/[/url]

Single 15inch, 7 band graphic, classic old Trace tone. It's got a few cosmetic knocks and bumps, as you'd expect of after 21 years. This amp can legally drink in the USA.

It's located in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Happy to try and work out shipping options, if necessary.

I know this stuff isn't all that fashionable at the moment, but it's bloomin' good. Looking for [s]£200[/s] £150, but open to offers.

(Widget the cat not included).

Edited by drewm

• 6 months later...

Hmm. That's an interesting looking combo. If you've read my post in Repairs & Technical you'll know that I have a similar one, an original 715, albeit in Saudi Arabia. I've been gigging it (carefully) since 1991 but it seems to have devloped a problem on the input stage.

Mine is rated at 100w but its a very, very loud 100 watts. Mine has never been played over 8 outdoors, 5 in a dance hall and never in the bedroom!

I may be interested in taking yours off your hands, but... (there's always a but isn't there)? I won't be back in the UK until later this year, August to be exact. Don't know if you'd be interested. I'd pay for carriage up to Manchester, where I live, after we've agreed a price I suppose.

But let me ask a question. Have you ever had any kind of failure or volume drop-off from this amp, particularly if using a 5-string. Mine's started to do just that and my seriously good electronics friend and musician (well, DJ) can't recreate the failure on his work bench. He's as baffled as I am. Can't rely on it any more though.

I may be interested ...

bbrich

I've had no problems with it at all, even with a 5 string Streamer. It's as solid as a rock.

Waiting until August isn't attractive - I really need the space back (moving house!).

Yeah, I hear you. If you find a buyer then take his offer. In the meantime, over the next few days, I'm going to see if I could arrange for my brother in Manchester to take delivery and also to find out how much the carriage would be - expensive I would have thought. I also have to assess if its actually possible to get my own amp repaired in some way. I'll let you know as soon as I've worked things out.

• 2 weeks later...