Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR505 SOLD PLEASE REMOVE :-)

ezbass

OK BCers, after recently purchasing a rather nice Lakland I need to make some more room and help finance (albeit in retrospect) this purchase. So I am selling my Ibby SR505. I bought this bass on the strength that the neck dimensions are the same as my GWB35 fretless which I play a lot. However, it seems that I prefer a slightly wider neck on a fretted 5, who knew (obviously not me)?

Anyway some details; here is a link to the tech spec [url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eb_page12.php?area_id=3&data_id=93&color=CL01&year=2012&cat_id=2&series_id=17"]http://www.ibanez.co...=2&series_id=17[/url] but this doesn't tell you much about the sound, playability etc. The Bartolini electronics are very good indeed and the bass does an excellent P impersonation, a beefy J and all stops in between. Ibanez seem to have a reputation as 'metal' basses and whilst it'll cover that genre very well, it'll also do pretty much anything else too. Fairport Convention's Dave Pegg uses one of these and you can't get much less metal than that. Playability wise it has a really fast, narrowish neck that plays really easily. The neck is in top condition, but the body has a few dings in it and some belt rash on the back.. The worst of the dings I have sweated out, then rubbed it all back, restained and rewaxed to a soft sheen. It has been fitted with a new set of D'Addarios and comes with a good Rotosound gigbag into the bargain. Which brings us to price. £325 collected from Ez Towers, no trades, sorry. So then pics!

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='jahfish' timestamp='1353491628' post='1875074']
Hi what country of manufacture please? What is the neck wood?
[/quote]The neck is a Jatoba/Bubinga 5 piece construction (according to the website) with a what appears to be a rosewood finger board to my eyes and fingers. It is made in Indonesia. This appears to be a very popular 'offshore' manufacturing site these days, my Lakland Skyline was manufactured there and I believe the more expensive SBMMs are made there too.

• 3 weeks later...