Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception 5 FS **TRADE PENDING**

Rumple

Due to running out of space, GAS and a love of MM basses I'm putting my 2009 Overwater Perception is up for sale.

35" scale
17 mm string spacing
Walnut core with European maple back and front facings.
Ebony fingerboard.
Individual bridge pieces.

This started out life as a fretless but with the fact that I wasn't sure I'd always want it that way I had lines and side dots between the frets, as predicted I didn't use it much as I'm pretty rubbish at fretless so I had Dave (Nugget) at Fire Creek Guitars replace the nut and fret it. it's a fantastic fretted bass but my preference is for 34" scale length so always end up playing my SR5.

The non standard string spacing, facing on the back of the body, the bridge and I think the ebony on the neck were all extra cost items so this would cost a small fortune to order, it's in excellent like new condition and has only been played for a few hours even though it's a few years old.

[s]£1500.00[/s] [s]£1400.00[/s] [s]£1200.00[/s] [s]£1150.00[/s] [s]£1100.00[/s] [s]£1050.00[/s] £1000.00 Inc Hiscox hard case collected from South London.

[attachment=123621:P1000678 lr.jpg] [attachment=123622:P1000679 lr.jpg] [attachment=123623:P1000680 lr.jpg] [attachment=123624:P1000682 lr.jpg]

[attachment=123625:P1000685 lr.jpg] [attachment=123626:P1000686 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

I've gotta say this is one of the best basses I've ever played!!
It's got great tone (quite a few different tones) a superb neck and great balance.

Strange thing is I cant quite put my finger on why I love it so much.....but I do...... plus Mr Rumple is a great guy to deal with.

• 3 months later...

I haven't bumped this in ages as I thought I might keep it as I love the look of it but in a strange turn of events my latest idea for a custom bass is now in the early stages of coming into being so this is available again.

I've strung it with a new set of D'Addario Half Wounds in the last few weeks as I thought I was keeping it.

Any question just ask.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1369135424' post='2085175']
There has been some more interest on this recently here on Basschat but it's still available and going back on Ebay soon.
[/quote]

Any love for a trade of another SR5 plus a little cash?

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1369155145' post='2085572']
Any love for a trade of another SR5 plus a little cash?
[/quote]

I was kinda trying to thin the herd a little but I am fond of SR5's, maybe PM the the details of what you have and the deal you were thinking of and I'll have a think about it :)