Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan Bitsa P F/S ~Now Sold~

KennysFord

Hey Folks,
I have a Fender Japan P Bass that's for sale.
I bought it of BurritoBassIt's of here earlier this year. In his words it was his main gigging bass throughout the nineties and needed a refret. So, rather than mucking about he sourced this replacement Q serial cij neck from Japan. I'm not sure if it's a 62ri or a 57ri to be honest but it has the extra strap button at the back of the headstock.
It has a SD SPB1 p/up and wiring kit/pots etc from Kiogon. and genuine Fender replacement Vol/Tone knobs.
It came with a BWB pickguard and I also have Torty one, I'll include these with the Bass.
It has a quite a few dings here and there but it plays and sounds absolutely great. Currently strung with Flats, I can put some rounds on if needed.
I'm looking for[s] £400 delivered, £380 collected.[/s] £350 collected, £370 delivered.
I have a wooden case for it and it will be well packed, sent 1st class and fully insured.
Cheers.
Ps, The ashtrays are not fastened in the pics but are included.
Cheers.

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1352639025' post='1865399']
I'm not sure if it's a 62ri or a 57ri [/quote]
It's a '57ri body with a '62ri neck. The neck has the FB3 tuners... so most likely it'll be from a CIJ PB62-US, where US would indicate the body it came from would have been fitted with US pickups. The neck plate has 'FENDER' on it so given it came with that body, it would put the body in earlier MIJ territory. Looks like basswood so it would have been a stock MIJ '57, in which case it's got a wise choice of pick-up mod.

I have to say, that R/W fingerboard, the two tone body and gold anodised plate is a very handsome combination... especially with the tins fitted.

Gorgeous looking bass. I bet it sounds dead right, too.

And an extremely favourable price to boot!

Good-luck-with-the-sale type bump.

Edited by mckendrick

Cheers Bud,
Yeah, it's a great sounding and playing Bass. I'm surprised it's not gone to be honest.

Up again.
B)

Edited by kennyrodg

• 2 weeks later...

Can vouch this is a fantastic bass - it was my main player for years and was the only one I ever claimed I'd never sell (a sudden change in circs forced the sale!). I can account for every knock and dink in that bass. It's played the Marquee, toured the UK, been on TV and generally lived like a main player should. The body is from 1989 and it became something of a Triggers Broom despite being more looked after than it sounds. Someone will get a bargain here :)

• 4 weeks later...

Up again and price dropped to £350, £370 inc.
B)
Gigged this Bass last week and it sounded great.
Only selling due to me loving my Thumb Bass and it's just kinda sat there all lonely like.
I could do with the money for a new amp as well so hence.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brian,
Sorry for not replying to your PM Bud.
The Bass is on hold for a week for Rushbo but if that changes I'll get back to you.
Apologies also for not updating the thread.
Pete.
B)