Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi!

svirac

I am from Serbia. I play a lot gigs with my jazz bass custom 5 string, swr sm 400 bass head, peavey box with two 10 speakers and horn... I play everything: pop, funk, gospel, rock, jazz, tecno music, raggae and serbian folk music.... i am vey exited to spek with you people here. this is my first forum chat about BASS. I like every bassist in the world. And i am think that everybody have somethin nice in playing. (sory for my english :) i hope that you will uderstand me) :)

[quote name='svirac' timestamp='1352423464' post='1862991']
i hope that you will uderstand me
[/quote]

Hello Svirac and welcome to basschat, we understand you well.

what is Serbian folk music like? and where do you find the time to play every kind of music?

Cheers Leen.

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1352453859' post='1863165']
Hello Svirac and welcome to basschat, we understand you well.

what is Serbian folk music like? and where do you find the time to play every kind of music?

Cheers Leen.
[/quote]
thanx Leen! you like rush? :) 2112... folk musik from serbia is vey nice. generaly in this part of europ music is interesting. you can find a lot of 7/8 ritams, 11/8 ritams... but its comercial and musicans in serbia use this music to make money... but we have something called etno jazz, an that is folk music in jazz style. http://youtu.be/FpM_5ZYNdrM an you have something like this: http://youtu.be/YRcIKwIZ8MY this is old music and this music liten our fathers and mothers... :) i dont like so much. but that is the vay to make some mony if you are musican in serbia... i know to play about 600 songs and more. so in one gig i play a lot of diferent styles. like we start gig vith song like girl from ipanema and finish with bily idol or party rock anathe, or kings of lion, or genesisi... and it is very important to know harmony and you have to learn play a lot diferent styles. so here is like: if you know to play meny song with godd style you have a much gigs and much more worck. it is very good because you learn and you can make your own sound and style. my teory is: play so much gigs, just play more and more... that vil be very good for you and your band... thanx again Leen! tell me something about you? :)

[quote name='svirac' timestamp='1352456031' post='1863209']
thanx Leen! you like rush? :) 2112... tell me something about you? :)
[/quote]

I'll check out the videos when I get home....no sound here at work :( You guessed right, I love Rush and Progressive rock. I play in 2 bands just now, Abandoned Stars and Crooked Mouth But as we are writing a new album we're not gigging much just now. Show us what gear you have.

Cheers Leen.

thanx Bass Tractor! I have fender jazz bass custom 5 strings, SWR sm 400 bass head, gallien krueger box with two 10's and horn. that is for clubs gigs. on concerts i put one more EBS box vith 15's and one more 10 speaker. i dont like so much pedals and stuf, but vhen i need to, i use boss pedals: eq, envelop filter, chorus, boss sinth pedal and morleu dual bass wah... Rush is one of my favorite bands twoo Leen. I chek out your bands. and of course i liked... :) you have nice sound...