Why become a member? ×

Markbass LMTube broke? need a loaner ?

Prime_BASS

Friday just gone my markbass little mark tube decided to break.
No idea what is wrong with it. One minute it was fine and the next it had powered down it's self and wouldn't turn back on since. No lights, no sound, no anything.

I tried different kettle leads and replaced the fuse in it's own lead and still nothing.
At a loss now. Can't really afford to replace it, or get it fixed if it's anything serious.

Some opinions I have had is that the preamp tube has gone, but I don't think that would stop it powering up?

Anyone out there with a spare LM2 or 3 or a tube I can borrow till I sort something permenant.?

Yeah I'd have the covers off and have a look round at the internal fuses. If you're inexperienced at looking around in amps or electronic kit, probably best to let a technician have a look, it'll cost you something, but better than having no amp and they'll be able to give you an idea of fix cost if it's something more serious.

One of the 'problems' with the newer small amps is that just about everything is mounted on one board, so if it's a board fault and not just a short (often the cause for blown fuses) or duff valve, then it's likely to be expensive :(

hi Primebass if you want it fixing really well and dont want to get ripped of go to a bloke called dave ball in carlton notts phone no 0115 9113964 he is real good all the lads go to him .I have a ampeg svr 350 and it stopped workin i took it to dave he fixed the fault and gave it a good service straight away and only charged me £40 when i got it back it sounded twice as good.Good luck mate.