Why become a member? ×

Ibanez soungear SR506 six string bass

robbobass

[font=Arial][size=2]Here is another of my surplus basses for sale - this one is an Ibanez Soundgear SR506 six string bass.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]It has a nice green lacquered stain body and head, with gold hardware, and is quite light for a six string. (easy to wear for periods of time at gigs / rehearsals etc). [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Controls are, volume, pan-pot, treble and bass (all except volume with a centre detente). [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]It has two 'ADX6' soapbar pickups, nice action, and is currently strung with flatwounds.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]There are a few minor marks - but nothing visible when playing and certainly does not affect the sound in any way.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]It will come with its original Ibanez case.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][attachment=122447:SAM_0218.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][attachment=122448:SAM_0220.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][attachment=122449:SAM_0222.JPG][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][attachment=122445:SAM_0219.JPG][/size][/font]

Very nice bass indeed. 34" scale length and easier to play than the BTB series. Great workhorses too and the necks don't feel so unnatural on these.
Uncommon finish also.

Put up a price dude, it will help with the sale AND keep the mods happy. :-P

I've been watching this on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-Soundgear-SR-506-six-string-bass-/251173284097?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=Lyd5n2nMtTS360dtSx60EXOSlI8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It looks interesting. What are you selling it for Robbobass?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1351713781' post='1854599']
I've never seen an SR506 like this before. They all have that browny red colour now. Nice!
[/quote]

I reckon it's a yankee version. They have a lot more choice in finishes and fingerboards than we do.
You can get these with maple fingerboards also. :-)

That price is very reasonable and besides, you don't see that finish too often.

Edited by Kongo

Thanks Robbo, that's what I was looking for. I thought it might have been. A real pity as the 16mm is a little too tight for me but I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Good luck with the sale, it looks like a lovely bit of kit and great colour too. Take care.

Cheers,

Matt :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...