Why become a member? ×

my ibanez roadstar 2 rb 850

gub

Just though i would share this moment with you good people :rolleyes:
just restrung my trusty old ibanez roastar which i bought 2nd hand back in 87 from musical exchanges in brum with a cheap set of rosetti strings, and am sat here getting goose bumps playing it again! it doesnt matter what bass`s i have now or have had in the past ,nothing beats this baby, its so light ,sounds bloody amazing,and almost plays itself it also has a few extra frets to play with up the dusty end ! very happy chap right now! i really cant recomend these enough .
o yea and that open type bridge where you dont have to thread the strings through holes and end up scratching your bass to bits is a great thing![attachment=122368:292716_10151487282708032_471942430_n.jpg]

Edited by gub

Cool! I picked one up for a friend recently and had it stay at my place for two weeks before I was able to get it to him and played around a bit on it. I'm lefthanded and the bass was not, but still I got a pretty good feel of what it's like. I really liked it, it's light, has a great neck, and even with the passive electronics you can get a huge range of tones out of it thanks to those two push-push pots that split the humbuckers. Great instruments, very much underappreciated. I really have a thing for old MIJ Ibanez stuff. I have two Musicians, a Roadster and two early ATK's and all of them are fantastic basses in their own way.