Why become a member? ×

JapCrap Fender copies

Nibody

Couldn't see this anywhere else so thought I'd start a topic. Would be usefull to help identify all of those unamed japanese copies. Will start with my Maya "Electric Bass"

Next to my 96 MIM Precision for comparison. Has a solid body (NOT ply) and a lovely neck. Really nice sound too.

I bought this P bass copy from e bay several years ago for £117 if I remember correctly. I spent £40 on a set up and it sounded ok but it was quite heavy. I seem to remember that it had very small, narrow frets. I have never seen another Joodee. It says on it for proffesional use which was a bit ironic me owning it. I ended up giving it away to someone who was learning the bass. These are the e bay photo`s so don`t blame me for the dodgy carpet!

[attachment=122129:Picture 024.jpg]

[attachment=122130:Picture 026.jpg]

Edited by jezzaboy

• 2 weeks later...

My first bass was a 1976 Columbus jazz copy in three colour sunburst with a red tortoiseshell pick guard. Still have it now. It has a slightly crackly jack and controls, a bit of a grounding issue and it's very scratched and scraped along the bottom edge, but I love it. It sounds just like a Fender, at least to my ears. I'm either going to fix it up myself or have it professionally done, depending on what exactly needs doing. I'll take some pictures of it to post next time I go upstairs. :)