Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman Ten combo

Hey all

I have three Bass Amps at the moment, two of which are valve Fender Bassmans. I have a Bassman 100 head with 1x15 EV cab and a Bassman Ten combo. They are very similar in their design and if I could justify having both, I would keep both.

Although a very popular Guitar amplifier, I have found it a joy to play with Bass, both live and in the studio. The speakers are 10's and really pack a punch. The ultra linear output transformer enables the bottom end to come through nicely too. Whether you're wanting smooth finger style or aggressive plectrum "clunk" this amp delivers well.

I recently had the amp serviced and it had the following done: new Mesa Boogie valves, new modern day fuse holder installed (finding the old Slo Blo fuses is problematic), and the hum balance has now been bypassed with the installation of resistors. The Bias was also adjusted accordingly. I also had the output trans upgraded to a Mercury Magnetics one made in U.S

It is estimated the amp would have been made in the early 1980's possibily 1970's. Everything is original except the noted changes/upgrades above.

Price: £550

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Jay

[b]pictures link:[/b]

[url="http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/jaybassplayer/Fender%20Bassman%20Ten/"]http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/ja...0Bassman%20Ten/[/url]

I had one of these years ago - bloody fantastic sounding thing, especially when you crank the power valves. I reckon I let mine go for a lot less than that but to be honest I had no idea of it's worth then, bugger. :)

There's one of these in Northern Guitars in Leeds for £650 at the moment. Yours looks in better condition. Wish I could afford it - I have a 1975 Vibrolux Reverb that would look lovely next to this! Good luck with the sale.