Why become a member? ×

For sale 1972 Fender Jazz Bass

bassleight

Hello!
Up for sale is my 1972 Fender jazz Bass, it has been in our family for 25 years. It was my dads bass which he brought from an old friend of his who was the original and first owner. My Dad stopped playing a year or so ago so he handed the bass down to me!

I have used it a little since i was passed it down mainly for recording but nothing heavy, but due to recently getting a Sadowsky 5string I'm finding I'm getting on with it very well and would find it hard going back to a 4!

The Bass is completely original except my dad had a new paint job done just after he got the bass around 25 years ago, although as you can see from the pics its become worn again.

It plays great with a nice low-medium action with a good straight neck, the wear on the bass does not affect its playability in any way. There are no breaks, cracks on this bass just surface wear. Pickups are original and both work, however the neck pick up ls not quite as loud as the bridge.

Serial no: 364412

The frets still have some life and have just been re profiled along with a full setup!

I have taken the Chrome covers off!

Its worn but has been well looked after, i currently keep it safe in my mono gig case. My dad believes the original case is at his work unit but i cannot say 100%, if there is interest then we will look for it.

I'm open to any questions as I most prob missed some stuff, so please contact me anytime [email protected].

I'm looking for £2500 as this is what my tech valued it at, I'm located in Southampton Hants.

I will be happy to ship to the Uk or Europe at buyer cost (insurance if needed) and will make sure it is very well packed, although I accept no responsibility once its out of my hands.

Thanks For looking.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1351252380' post='1849254']
Selling a family heir-loom?
Rather you than me lol

Great bass though, good luck

Si
[/quote]

+1

Lovely looking bass, I'm sure someone will end up with a corker, but with 25 years of family history behind it...I wouldn't sell personally!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...