Why become a member? ×

Noisy fan on my Ampeg

Dubs

The fan at the front of my SVT-CL is a bit noisy (I know this is quite normal) but I was wondering if there’s any way I can change it for a silent fan cos it can be a bit annoying. Does anyone know how/if it could be done and what fan I should use?

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='193972' date='May 7 2008, 04:06 PM']The fan at the front of my SVT-CL is a bit noisy (I know this is quite normal) but I was wondering if there’s any way I can change it for a silent fan cos it can be a bit annoying. Does anyone know how/if it could be done and what fan I should use?[/quote]

I'd get a look at the label on the fan, which ought to tell you at the very least what voltage you need (not to mention the physical size of the fan - wouldn't like to speculate on that). You might be able to find its specs online via a model number to give you an idea of speed (RPM) and airflow (CFM) you'd need from a replacement fan. The typical fan info online often lists noise too (dBA) and so you can hopefully find something that pushes a similar amount of air for less noise.

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='193972' date='May 7 2008, 04:06 PM']The fan at the front of my SVT-CL is a bit noisy (I know this is quite normal) but I was wondering if there’s any way I can change it for a silent fan cos it can be a bit annoying. Does anyone know how/if it could be done and what fan I should use?[/quote]

You should think yourself lucky that your fans are making a nuisance of them selves, I'm lucky if they stop drinking thier pints noramlly!

:)