Why become a member? ×

Steely Dan infatuation

bubinga5

[quote name='pietruszka' timestamp='1350841029' post='1844119']

I love Gaslighting Abbie! It was a firm favourite of my dad's to, those low D's sound wonderful.
The Aja album is an early memory of visiting my dad in London and always reminds me of it. I remember seeing that cover and not knowing what it was exactly, still don't if I'm honest! I was always drawn to them 'cos my name was on the cover! That album in particular always struck me as 'one of those' albums, it's difficult for me to describe but the kind of album that knew what it was. If that makes any sense? Home At Last and Josie are fantastic pieces of music and I'll never tire of them.
Hey Nineteen is great to.

Dan
[/quote]

Aka was well worthy of being on the Classic Albums programme.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1350830790' post='1843947']
i put AJA on when i go to my sisters house and her 2 daughters love it..... they always say "put steely on" i think its great to bring up kids listening to music like that... did me the world of good being subjected to micheal mcdonald and george benson when i was a nipper
[/quote]

My 12 year old daughter likes a bit of the Dan too... she's grown up with my musical choices being played alot, and a good job too because her mum's got bloody awful taste in music