Why become a member? ×

Bad buzzing issue from tone pot

lefrash

Just to get this out the way, I Have absolutely no experience in electrics, or have a clue about how electrics work. So I'l try to describe this best as possible. I do however think it may be a job for a professional.

I have a fender aerodyne Jazz. Over the past couple of months the pots have started to crackly a tiny bit - not enough to bother me, but just a touch annoying. More recently though the tone pot has caused a lot of buzzing. When I turn down the pot its deadly silent, turn it up full its almost unusable. Is there something that I could possibly fix myself that could be causing that? Could it be a matter of giving it a clean up in there or is there something I could try before taking it in to get fixed? The buzzing seems like an earthing issue and it affects both pickups equally.

Any thoughts?

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1349873724' post='1831580']
interesting! so Just to get this right in my head. You would do a full electric kit which id simply replace the originals with? il pm u for prices if you'd prefer, but Im guessing it would be an easy fix!
[/quote]

Yes I do a drop in replacement kit, spanner for the pot nuts & small screwdriver required & a spare 1/2 hour, (10 minutes if you're quick!)

PM please if you're interested for prices & details.

Cheerz, John