Why become a member? ×

##SOLD## Epiphone Ripper P/J for trade or sale PRICEDROP £225

skater dan0

For sale today is my prized 2008 ebony finish Epiphone ripper.

stock specs:[list]
[*]1 split-coil pickup in neck position
[*]1 single-coil jazz pickup in bridge position
[*]Hard maple body
[*]Chrome hardware
[*]Bolt-on hard-maple neck with satin finish
[*]Maple fingerboard with high-gloss polyurethane finish
[*]Abalone dot inlays
[*]Brass nut
[*]Traditional style headstock with inlaid Epiphone logo
[*]2-ply truss rod cover with "Ripper" engraving
[*]2-ply black on white pickguard
[*]Large-key open-back tuners
[*]4-bolt style bridge with quick-release
[*]Two volume controls
[*]One master tone control
[*]3-way selector switch
[*]34" scale
[*]1.65" nut width
[/list]
As some of the more observant among you will notice the 3 way switch has disappeared and been replaced with a rather fancy chicken head switch. This switch is a Big D Guitars Bass Varitone. It has 5 positions plus a bypass. [url="http://www.bigdguitars.com/varitone.html"]http://www.bigdguita...m/varitone.html[/url]. As you can see from the website these switches are no longer being distributed internationally so get it while you can.

It's a great versatile bass. The P pickup is positioned slightly closer to the neck than a traditional P bass giving it a more mellow thumpy tone that is perfectly offset by the jazz in the bridge.

The bass is also currently strung with DR Black Beauties although they aren't pictured

The only reason I'm selling is I fancy something in a 5 string flavour so if you have a 5 or even a 6 string for sale and you're looking for something like this then let me know, I'm sure we can work something out. More details below

Now without further ado, the pics

As above I am looking to trade for something in a 5 or 6 string variety, preferably a rockbass or if someone is feeling very generous a toby pro although I'll consider pretty much anything with more than 4 strings. As for a sale price, I'm not really sure as these things don't crop up that often and never with a varitone so maybe £250, open to offers

Thanks for looking, any questions feel free to ask either here or privately

EDIT: This sale is on a collection only basis as I have absolutely no way of shipping this bass. I'm willing to travel within reason to complete the sale.

Edited by skater dan0

Hi skater Dan, can I ask what the pick up routing on these basses looks like?
Could you please take a photos for me.
Reason.
I am looking for a replacement body for an old Gibson Grabber bass that I am trying to restore, and I think that maybe this type of bass could make a suitable doner.
Its got the same body shape, just need to know if the pu cavity can accomodate the grabbers sliding pick up.

Thanks in advance for the help.

[quote name='bassmoof' timestamp='1349807694' post='1830848']
Hi skater Dan, can I ask what the pick up routing on these basses looks like?
Could you please take a photos for me.
Reason.
I am looking for a replacement body for an old Gibson Grabber bass that I am trying to restore, and I think that maybe this type of bass could make a suitable doner.
Its got the same body shape, just need to know if the pu cavity can accomodate the grabbers sliding pick up.

Thanks in advance for the help.
[/quote]

You would have to rout out the body to accept the Grabber pup.

Lovely bass. That bridge looks the same design as the bridge on the 85 Gibbo Explorer bass I had for donkeys (why did I ever sell that one :( ). Best bridge ever.
Glad you live in a different time zone or I'd be in trouble again :lol: :lol:
Good luck and bump!

I thought that I read somewhere that there was a sliding pickup version of this ripper bass??
I was hoping that they used a common body, so this version may have had the route

Pity I have come across a one in natural for sale, that would have been ideal.
Thanks again for the info

[quote name='bassmoof' timestamp='1349814620' post='1831008']
I thought that I read somewhere that there was a sliding pickup version of this ripper bass??
I was hoping that they used a common body, so this version may have had the route

Pity I have come across a one in natural for sale, that would have been ideal.
Thanks again for the info
[/quote]

Nope. There has been no sliding pickup Epiphone. There was a Gibson grabber II which was a reissue, but pretty expensive and set neck.

Yes your'e right, I read the article again and checked the photo (with my glasses this time) and it is indead a fixed single humbucker.
I have also been shown a photo of the body routes now, and yeah there would be quite a bit work involved.
I am also told that the Epiphone bodies are slightly larger than the early 70's grabber bodies.

I notice that you have a grabber for sale, what year is it?
Regards