Why become a member? ×

Markbass 2x10 cab horn stuff

mybass

I have both Markbass 2x10 HF and 2x10 Traveller cabs. The HF being a more recent addition, I checked it out on a gig and at home.
(Facing the cabinet), when the horn 'level' is turned right around/up, it appears to add more top to the right hand speaker itself but
doesn't affect the left hand speaker. The horn itself didn't appear to alter or actually give off extra top. This also occurs with the Traveller cab?
Any prognosis appreciated.

Any highs will come from the horn itself, but depending on your bass, amp, settings, and how old your strings are you may or may not notice a difference. My set up means that I get a very bright sound and even I don't notice THAT much of a difference unless I play percussively or using harmonics. I have my dial turned to about 2 o clock because it takes of a tiny bit of the harhness.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1349643607' post='1828721']
I have both Markbass 2x10 HF and 2x10 Traveller cabs. The HF being a more recent addition, I checked it out on a gig and at home.
(Facing the cabinet), when the horn 'level' is turned right around/up, it appears to add more top to the right hand speaker itself but
doesn't affect the left hand speaker. The horn itself didn't appear to alter or actually give off extra top. This also occurs with the Traveller cab?
Any prognosis appreciated.
[/quote]

Thanks chaps but........
The actual problem is that the horn does not appear to project the treble/top in either cab (different types of horns I know), it appears to radiate only from the right speaker in both cabs (looking at cab) and definitely not the left speaker. Thats my conundrum.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1349691266' post='1829055']
Do the cabs have a dial on the side/back?
[/quote]

yes, the usual dials on each cab... turned full off then full on, the treble only appears to emanate off the right hand speaker.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1349703390' post='1829282']
I take it the cabs are lying horizontally? Have you tried them vertically & does it have the same issue?
It does seem rather odd.
[/quote]

tested them again today with a 4x10 as well. Needs the volume up a bit (!) to get the top end /horn to 'show',
all very subtle but effective.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1349717577' post='1829569']
tested them again today with a 4x10 as well. Needs the volume up a bit (!) to get the top end /horn to 'show',
all very subtle but effective.
[/quote]

Sorted ok?