Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Zon Sonus Special fretless 5 string *SOLD*

Gwilym

hi everyone,

Zon Sonus 5 - bought by me from Zonnick/Cairobill last Sept/Oct. Volume, pickup-pan, stacked bass/treble. Bartolini pickups, graphite bolt on neck. It's got the clearest B string (to my ears anyway) I've heard on any bass, and sounds fantastic. 17mm string spacing at the bridge.
There is a slight crack in the wood on the lower horn (near a slight knotting of the wood), than was there when I bought it, and is undernear the (laquer?/gloss) finish. Not pictured, but I get get some up if theres any interest. Comes in a Zon gig bag.

2001 vintage Zon Sonus Special Fretless Five string

- 34 inch scale (i.e. it's a very playable fiver)
- Zon graphite neck
- wood composite fingerboard
- bart j bass pups
- Zon preamp
- Ash body
- Bubinga top
- Redwood fretmarkers

cheers
G

Edited by Gwilym

Bump for my old bass. It would be back with me if I had the funds.

I'd just like to point out it's not a plain vanilla sonus, it's the Sonus Special. And it's VERY special. The single coils are tweaked back towards the bridge to bring out more mid presence. As a result it has the most FANTASTIC singing mwah tone. Brilliant sustain etc Widely acknowledged as one of the best fretless designs out there...

C/Z

[quote name='Cairobill' post='192716' date='May 6 2008, 10:03 AM']Bump for my old bass. It would be back with me if I had the funds.

I'd just like to point out it's not a plain vanilla sonus, it's the Sonus Special. And it's VERY special. The single coils are tweaked back towards the bridge to bring out more mid presence. As a result it has the most FANTASTIC singing mwah tone. Brilliant sustain etc Widely acknowledged as one of the best fretless designs out there...

C/Z[/quote]

thanks C/Z! I've actually added a link above to your original for-sale thread, and also I hope you don't mind me using your pictures of the bass either :)

[quote name='Snarf' post='193508' date='May 6 2008, 11:23 PM']Nice basses! I'd love to get my mits on that Zon. And the Sandberg as well for that matter...[/quote]

And you'd be very happy with either :huh:

UPDATE: I just found out today that the bass which prompted me to put both these up for sale, has itself been sold, which is disappointing... I'll leave these on the market though as I'm going to NY on holiday in July and any extra funds might come in handy!

cheers
G

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='josh3184' post='214110' date='Jun 6 2008, 10:03 PM']good lord that arm cutaway is gorgeous. Shame the bass is backwards O.o

/lefty :)[/quote]

hey Josh, i feel your pain :huh:

[quote name='bassjamm' post='214115' date='Jun 6 2008, 10:19 PM']You sure the Marleaux can't tempt you mate :huh:[/quote]

hey Jamie, like I said, your Marleaux looks sweeeet, and I should be downsizing! :huh:

Edited by Gwilym

• 2 weeks later...