Why become a member? ×

SOLD: G&L Tribute L2000

JapanAxe

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Natural swamp ash gloss finish, maple fretboard (this combination no longer made).[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Controls: volume/treble/bass, active and passive modes, pickup coils can be switched series/parallel.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Hefty Precision-type build, hugely versatile sounds, will even work without a battery![/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Excellent condition overall. I replaced the original crappy pots with Alphas, but there is still an occasional crackle from the treble pot.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Advertised [/size][/font][/color][size=4][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]elsewhere for [b]£320 ono[/b]. - open to reasonable (nay [i]cheeky[/i]!) offers from BCers. Always best to try before you buy IMO, but will work out UK postage costs if necessary.[/color][/font][/size]

Reason for sale: 1 in, 1 out... (hello fretless)

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='dr_skitz' timestamp='1349779038' post='1830305']
Hi dude,
Like the bass! Couple of quick questions:[list=1]
[*]What shape is the neck?
[*]Rough idea of courier/postage to Wrexham, North Wales?
[/list]

Cheers!
[/quote]

Hi Doc

1. I'm tempted to say 'shallow C' but to be honest I'm not really up on all those letters. The neck is wide and substantial, but not clubby - definitely not narrow as narrow as a Jazz neck! Finish is semi-matt (to me).
2. I recently sent a 6-string by Parcelforce and that cost £28.20. I will check out some other couriers and post the results here - not all will offer sufficient insurance cover!

Cheers

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1349796372' post='1830649']
Hi Doc

1. I'm tempted to say 'shallow C' but to be honest I'm not really up on all those letters. The neck is wide and substantial, but not clubby - definitely not narrow as narrow as a Jazz neck! Finish is semi-matt (to me).
2. I recently sent a 6-string by Parcelforce and that cost £28.20. I will check out some other couriers and post the results here - not all will offer sufficient insurance cover!

Cheers
[/quote]

Thanks Japan - will wait to get an idea on the courier prices from you.

Cheers!

Using Parcelforce (but booking via Parcel2Go), next day AM delivery is £15.59 - let's just call it £15. That includes £200 insurance cover - bizarrely (1) slower services only offer £100 cover, and (2) they won't let you pay to enhance it for musical instruments. It's my risk that's being covered, so I'd be happy with that.

Any offers, PM me.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1349816722' post='1831028']
Using Parcelforce (but booking via Parcel2Go), next day AM delivery is £15.59 - let's just call it £15. That includes £200 insurance cover - bizarrely (1) slower services only offer £100 cover, and (2) they won't let you pay to enhance it for musical instruments. It's my risk that's being covered, so I'd be happy with that.

Any offers, PM me.
[/quote]
Try Interparcel. Use the economy service and it will still get there next day. UPS are the couriers and you can insure up to the full value.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1349822055' post='1831127']
Try Interparcel. Use the economy service and it will still get there next day. UPS are the couriers and you can insure up to the full value.
[/quote]

Cheers I'll check them out.

[quote name='dr_skitz' timestamp='1349880213' post='1831718']
One other thing I forgot to ask: is there a case or gig bag included?

Thanks (again)!
[/quote]

No it will just come in a Fender cardboard shipping carton, well padded and bubble-wrapped. ;)