Why become a member? ×

MTD Kingston KZ 5-string - £450

John_Lowe

I am unfortunately selling my MTD Kingston KZ, due to not having time to play much anymore and i don't see the point in having a great instrument go to waste.

As stated its a 5-string, and is currently set up in a E A D G C tuning and has recently been restrung with Elixer strings.

No signs of cosmetic damage and all electrics are fine, practically brand new due to generally light use.

Cheers guys,

John[attachment=119555:IMAG0094.jpg]

[attachment=119556:IMAG0093.jpg]

• 5 weeks later...

Might be an idea to provide rather more info than this, John. Stuff like scale length, string spacing, weight, neck profile, what the knobs do, etc. always helps a listing, as do more and better photos. How old is it? Does it come with a case?

Also, as a newbie here it would help if you gave some idea of where you and the bass are ... if I was interested in trying this bass, I'd want to know if you're in Aberdeen or Aldershot!

Hmmm yeah that seems fairly obvious now, cheers for pointing it out.

Well the bass is a 35" scale, string spacing is 1.6cm at the bridge and is set up in a E A D G C tuning at the moment and was restrung 4 months ago with Elixers.

The 3 knobs in a row are a 3 band EQ, and the 2 next to them are a balance and volume control. I got this bass a 18 months ago and hardly ever used it and yes it does come with a case for an extra £10.

Also i am based in Essex in a town called Colchester. If you'd like more pictures let me know what you'd like to see on the bass and i can do it for you and thats it i think!

Cheers for the help guys =) might actually sell it now hahaha

Cheers,
John

[quote name='John_Lowe' timestamp='1351891438' post='1856752']
... string spacing is 1.6cm at the bridge ...

[/quote]

Are you sure about that? I thought the MTD Kingstons had 19mm spacing.

Measure the entire width of all five strings, then divide by four.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Reopened at sellers request

[quote name='John_Lowe' timestamp='1348836832' post='1818893']
I am unfortunately selling my MTD Kingston KZ, due to not having time to play much anymore and i don't see the point in having a great instrument go to waste.

As stated its a 5-string, and is currently set up in a E A D G C tuning and has recently been restrung with Elixer strings.

No signs of cosmetic damage and all electrics are fine, practically brand new due to generally light use.

Cheers guys,

John[attachment=119555:IMAG0094.jpg]

[attachment=119556:IMAG0093.jpg]
[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...