Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

GHS Pressure Wounds

fretmeister

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1348845410' post='1819070']
I've been thinking about trying these. Who is supplying them?
[/quote]

Somebody must be wholesaling them, because I simply e-mailed the info line at stringbusters, and the "Brite Flats" I was after were delivered in 5 days. Just because they're not listed on the web-site, doesn't seem to mean that they can't quickly get product.

Balcro.

[quote name='Balcro' timestamp='1348864358' post='1819392']

Somebody must be wholesaling them, because I simply e-mailed the info line at stringbusters, and the "Brite Flats" I was after were delivered in 5 days. Just because they're not listed on the web-site, doesn't seem to mean that they can't quickly get product.

Balcro.
[/quote]

I will try that. Thanks.

[quote name='Balcro' timestamp='1348864358' post='1819392']

Balcro.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try that. I've been thinking of trying the Brite Flats again too. Oooh decisions!

Edited by D.I. Joe

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1349183609' post='1822899']
What's the difference (smoothness / tension / tone) between GHS Pressure Wound flats and GHS Brite Flats or are they pretty much the same?
[/quote]
They are completely different strings. As GHS says, the Pressurewounds windings are compressed in the making of the string, the Brite Flats are ground off.

The Pressurewounds are more like nickel rounds that have been broken in to just the right "sweet spot." The Brite Flats are a combination of mellow and twangy.

Here is a link to some demo videos of the various GHS strings:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/results?q=youtube+ghs+bass+strings&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ACEW_enUS473US473&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=w1"]http://www.youtube.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=w1[/url]

Edited by iiipopes

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1349184803' post='1822925']
They don't feel like flats at all, more like a smooth roundwound.

Tension is quite light (which I love).

I love the sound. Very nice fundamental, but with great clarity.
[/quote]

They last better than any round that I've tried.

I have used them off and on for around 18 years now. They have round cores that make them a little less-tensioned than hex cored strings. Pressurewounds do last quite a while. They are smooth to the touch and are kind to your frets and fingerboards for fretless players. All my fretted basses currently wear them and I have also used them on my fretlesses, but use GHS Tapewounds on those currently. Tonewise they sit somewhere in the middle between flats and rounds, and have qualites of both.

I fancy trying a set of the pressure wounds myself,especially being a round core and sounding like worn Nickel rounds.Sounds like they'd be perfect for me.
Keep us posted about Stringbusters Fretmeister if you would.
B)