Why become a member? ×

15" options

Lotusmark2

If its about looks, then matching Ampegness is the important thing, and the limitations of that cab in terms of max volume won't be an issue. Not heard one, but it mentions a LF driver and has a tweeter, so it probably has an octave or two gap between teh driver roll off and the tweeter, which might not sound ideal.

I kind of distrust Ampeg as a company running off its legacy, its lengthy list of endorsers being the people who's gear you are paying for when you buy one of their products. With limited space to fill, might do well to look at the nicer end 1x12s, the Aguilar GS cabs are pretty nice, but have the same gap between woofer and tweeter. The Barefaced 1x12 is probably bit middly in comparison, which is more my bag, and you can eq in some more lows, but it will go loud enough, the Compact is the 1x15 and is probably ideal, if not overkill. Do you need a tweeter though?

Having been through several 15” cabs the only ones I liked were loaded with EV speakers. The best was a Mesa Boogie Road Ready 15 EV.

There's one in the FS section. It’s heavy and, if it’s still loaded with the EV, it’s the best 15 cab ever made.

But, I’d consider 12” cabs instead of 15’s these days. There are some great 112 and 212 cabs out there that will give you more tone, dynamics and punch than any 15.

Hi, I use Bergantino AE112 cabs which are now discontinued but the current cabs, the HD range, have fantastic reviews and reports.

I use 1 or 2 112 cabs for their flexibility. A 212 gets pretty close to matching a 410 in volume but with a rounder tone. I started playing with 12” cabs and have finally come back to them.

I think there was a 12" thread awhile ago that went into more detail and experiences than I can tell you. You’ll probably get a list of recommendations that will include Markbass, Genz Benz, GK, EBS and of course the Barefaced Super 12. All highly rated by their users.