Why become a member? ×

Dedicated Octave Pedal but with more control over the Octave

Ruck

Hey people ive looked around the forum and havent been able to find what im after, so does anyone know of an clean Octave pedal thats more dedicated to octave and doesnt have any fuzz or filters etc, which also features more controls to alter the character of the octave produced?

Im after something more like the Octave Multiplexer, which is almost perfect apart from the so called fuzz thats apparent when you just use the high filter alone with the sub switch off. Could this be modded to clean it up?

Cheers.

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1347812288' post='1805334']
I was actually just looking at some videos of the Aguilar Octamiser. Its nice but too plain, still not any variance from the average octaver as far as i can tell unfortunately.
[/quote]

That's where you're wrong. It's far from plain. It does natural sounding octave, it does a synthy octave, a vintage octave...and everything in between. Having a tone control for the clean sound is invaluable too, allowing you to keep your tone exactly the same with an octave layer underneath, or completely change it. You'd be surprised how much changing the tone of the "clean" sound affects what you think the octave below should be doing.

Yeah I should have said not for me rather than didnt hear anything exciting! However I have had some success in coaxing out the type of sound i was after with a Dunlop Bass Wah set to a certain sweet spot after my Multiplexer, as it really draws out the over buldging octave effect the Multiplexer has on 100% wet. It also rids the Multiplexer of the fizz it has on this setting. I should make a video explaining what I mean one day!

I'd head straight to an EBS Octabass. I've used one for years and it's pretty darn clean. It has three tone settings and wet & dry controls. With a humbucker it'll track down to around A or Bb without warbling or doubling. With a single coil you'd probably get it down to Ab or G.

Alternatively, the pitch effects on the Line6 M9 are fantastic. I was an analog stalwart for many years, but the M9 really blew me away.