Why become a member? ×

Feeler BB Pre Amp Bass

krispn

Just a feeler as I'm still not convinced to part with this tiny box of joy!

Been a/b ing this at practice last night but the bloody recording we thought we took didnt due to human error hence the feeler. The other box of noise was kinda more to my taste but I'd like to hear a final A/B in the mix before ditching one ot t'other as both have their strengths.

I fing the BB is really eady to match with my bass (external) pre amp as I can match the bass boost so there is no change in the bottom end when engaging the pedal. I'd hate to see it go as it has such a small foot print on my pedal board but one in one out is the rule!!!

The Bass BB Preamp is : from Xotic website:

a distortion booster designed to retain the original attack sound and tonal spectrums and produce a variety of gain structures for all bass players.
Each of the two broadly-overlapping EQs offers 15dB of Boost or Cut.
The gain knob offers pristine clean boost to a hard overdriven distortion which is very nice tone that stays firm, with great note separation and just the right amount of compression for a smooth overall texture.
True bypass for eliminating any signal interference when it is switched out.
Can be used with AC adaptor (optional) or 9V Battery

Looking what I paid £95 + £5 next day delivery in the UK

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1347663349' post='1803911']
Thought an SFT i was borrowing Would beat my BB but no!! It's a beaut!
[/quote]
How would you describe the differences and similarities between the two as they're both on my 'try list'?