Why become a member? ×

SOLD - LĀKLAND Bob Glaub Skyline Sunburst P-Bass

lawriemacmillan

For sale is my Lakland Bob Glaub Skyline 4 string P-Bass.

Ash body with sunburst finish
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
20 frets
Hipshot Ultra-lite tuners
Lakland bridge with option for thru-body stringing
It is currently fitted with the tortoiseshell pickguard, but the original mint (aged white) pickguard is included. I laid it over the bass in one of the photos below
Nut width 43mm
String spacing at bridge 20mm
Protection Racket gig bag included

This was manufactured in Korea during the original 'run' of Skyline basses, which seems to be a desired period amongst Lakland buyers.
Their latest model (no longer named the 'Bob Glaub') is fitted with Lakland Hybrid Pickups, but I believe this bass is fitted with Lindy Fralins.
It is presently strung with LaBella flatwounds.
Superbly authentic sounding P-Bass, but with a much slicker & comfortable neck profile with a smooth satin finish. Very lightweight for a BIG sounding bass.
There is one small bump on the body, as seen in the photo below

[b]£580 ovno[/b]

I used it on the Four Tops track [i]Reach Out (I'll Be There)[/i] on my party band's latest demo, recorded straight to desk via a Radial JDV DI box, with the tone knob rolled off around halfway:

[url="http://soundcloud.com/willie-logan/reach-out-ill-be-there"]http://soundcloud.co...ut-ill-be-there[/url]

I will post at additional cost. I haven't looked into courier options yet but Interparcel has always been reasonable and reliable in my experience.

Edited by lawriemacmillan

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1347700246' post='1804092']
These are really great P basses. Better than your average US Fender in my opinion. This is an extremely fair price!

If I still played 4 strings I would have bought it. Good luck!
[/quote]

Cheers - yes I wanted to offer a price people wouldn't wish to try and haggle down. This sale is to help fund another buy, so the more appeal it has the better. And I have to agree, a much more pleasing bass than the average US Fender model.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1347699529' post='1804082']
Of no note to me, but it will be to some.
Is yours, like mine, very light.
If so let folk know, there's a few of us coffin dodgers who like light basses.
Good luck, cracking basses.
[/quote]

Good point - thank you! Yes, this bass is indeed very light, especially for a P-Bass. I should have mentioned that when praising its playability. I will weight it when I get back in the country in a couple of days.

Hi Lawrie that's a real beaut! I own one of these aswell... being a true P-bass guy.... they have amazing quality vs value and it's the one bass I keep bringing to my gigs
altho mine isnt real light it has a real nice smooth sound that I can not get out of basses in this price range normally.

[quote name='Brams77' timestamp='1347743970' post='1804641']
Wow nice job on the recording and the playing.. one of my favorites on motown together with we can work it out of steve wonder...
You got a great vocals artist in there aswell!
[/quote]

Thanks Bram you're very kind. The recording of this song is the first to feature in our party band's 2012 promo clip. The footage features me playing my Sadowsky, but I did in fact use the Lakland for the recording of Reach Out, and it can be seen in the studio shots. Here it is:

http://vimeo.com/48410304

• 2 weeks later...