Why become a member? ×

115 combos

0175westwood29

The GK is a blast. I use it for noisy rock trio, and jazz too. Sound is clear, powerfull. Never had to add a cab. (though i'm not in a metal band with two bloody guitards..) The perfect amp for me.
BUT it's a pain in the a** to move.
So i removed the head from the combo, and bought a GK NEO 115 III cab; no more pain.
The rest of the combo stay at the rock band local; i use it as a cab for reharsals.

Edited by Sté

Andy, do you not like your LM Tube head?
A 115 cab with that head would seem a good solution as the amps are small and portable. I see you already have a 115 trace cab, so are you looking to get 2 15 speakers under an amp eventually? The GK Neo 115 have a good rep. I think they may do a combo with a neo too.

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1347604935' post='1802891']
Andy, do you not like your LM Tube head?
A 115 cab with that head would seem a good solution as the amps are small and portable. I see you already have a 115 trace cab, so are you looking to get 2 15 speakers under an amp eventually? The GK Neo 115 have a good rep. I think they may do a combo with a neo too.
[/quote]

Yeh i like the head, id keep it as a backup but need to sell to get the combo,

Yeh im looking to get a 215 stack in the end, with atleast 500w of power.

The weight isnt a massive problem due to having a van and also ill grab a trolley jack to make moving it even easier

So the GK 115 combo with another 115 cab would be good.
In the noisy rock band, with one guitard, never needed the two cabs; so only used 320 watts and never had to set up the master far than 11 o'clock, with the preamp between 11 and 12 for a clean and clear tone.
For the jazz thing, i'm always "too loud". :lol:

I had a GK700PB 115 combo and it was plenty loud enough. As mentioned above, its heavy and for that reason I moved to a Barefaced Compact and lightweight head (currently a GK MB Fusion). I did manage one gig with the 700RB + the Compact and they worked extremely well together and were way too loud for anything I'd need. Funnily enough I also have a TE 1153 which sounds great coupled with the Compact, but that is making way for another Compact shortly

well this combo will hopefully be a longterm stop gap.

i really wanna get a barefaced big baby! as in my bands im all about the lows hence why im going down the 215 route, was considering a dubster but its been a pain trying to save up and theres no way anyone is gonna trade my 2103x and lmt500 for one.

but im really looking forward to trying out a nice 215 rig, even if it looks like its gonna take a while as no one seems to be interested in my stuff.

andy