Why become a member? ×

Finally ordered new cabs!

throwoff

After much um-ing and ah-ing about what amp to get (since I sold my Markbass 810 and head I have been using a 30W Fender combo!) my wife finally told me that I should get the cabs I want for my birthday (not till November!) So I bit the bullet and went for the Genz Benz Focus 115 and 210.

I have not used a 210 + 115 rig for years but always missed the big 15'' sound when using 410s and 810s and think it will give be some flexibility to to take just the 210 out to small gigs/practices.

Will pick up a Streamliner 600 by the end of the year and run through that but for now I wil be using a salvaged old 300W crate head.

Mixing cabs is never going to be as sure a thing as doubling up.

That said, what works, works. I'd imagine a good pair of 210's or 115's would give great performance (Genz gear has a great rep).
They probably test and tweak the cabs (like 210's, 410's and 115's and other common bedfellows) to sound great together. I'd expect great results. :D
Even at barefaced, where the acoustic theory and practice are important features of design (and marketing) they sell a Compact + midget stack (115 + 112 (T))
Which is designed to complement. [url="http://barefacedbass.com/which-barefaced.htm"]http://barefacedbass...h-barefaced.htm[/url] (see EMS part at top of page).

Good luck with your new cabs!

EDIT: I think half the drama over mixing cabs comes from '410 + 115' matches which will, in most ranges of cabs, seriously sell the 410 short and result in less low end than 2 410's or even the 410 on it's own according to some. I'm pretty inexperienced so I'm not sure. People like Genz. I think it'll be plenty good.

Edited by PlungerModerno