Why become a member? ×

in another dimension???

MiltyG565

ok, sorry for the misleading title, but i was wondering if any of you guys could help- i'm looking for the dimensions of the modulus funk unlimited 4. i'm going to try and build a clone at some stage, and i basically just need to know the thickness, length and width of the body.

i do intend to put on a modulus neck, once i have the monies in the bank, but as i figure, building the body will take more time, and also cost less, so i can have that sitting ready to go by the time i get the neck!

hm, that couldn't be right. i looked a little while ago and they were more like £500. thats a bit of a price hike.

anyway, there's 2 things i always wanted. one is a brand new bass, made for me. the second was to make a bass. this seems right. i'm going to try out a modulus before i put too much money into this, but there aren't many floating about ol' northern ireland. (floating basses are the rarest ones)

Haha,

That was by no means me trying to ruin the idea of making a bass - I'm all for it...But they do crop up cheaply second hand i'm sure.

[url="http://www.smart-distribution.co.uk/bassandguitar/modulusguitars/replacementneckshtml.html"]http://www.smart-distribution.co.uk/bassandguitar/modulusguitars/replacementneckshtml.html[/url]

I Stand corrected!?! £795.

I'm looking at the Status ones, £290 for my build at the minute.

[quote name='tommorichards' timestamp='1346707864' post='1792316']
I tried a flea bass once. It was amazing, and for £800, i was kicking myself that had just bought a brand new 3eq stingray. Lovely basses they are.
[/quote]

yeah, they definitely sound great! although i have heard people not liking them because they think they feel a bit like a plastic toy. but what is to be expected of something that comes out of america?

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1346708274' post='1792328']
[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/modulus-flea-bass-for-sale/105913032"]http://www.gumtree.c...-sale/105913032[/url]

no f***ing way! has to be a joke!
[/quote]

I'd want to see it in my hands first before parting with cash.

It sounds to good to be true - Probably is, but things do happen.

Travel to get a look - If the seller seems to take issue with you coming to collect, then it's a scam, if not, it's got to be worth the travel expenses.

wow, travelling costs for me will cost hundreds. it is in london, to which, i have never been, and don't really plan on visiting anytime soon! yeah, i was thinking the picture was a bit fancy for someone selling this dirt cheap on gumtree. i have emailed anyway, and i will see what the seller has to say.

yeah, those are the photos he sent me, which obviously aren't the same as the one in the gumtree ad. same email address too. i did notice that the link to the picture was actually from talkbass, so i have been looking around there trying to find the photos. also, i asked the guy to tell me the serial number, he never replied after that.

so i wasn't wrong to be over critical. thanks very much for finding those links!

ha, before i had really twigged on it was a scam, i asked the seller for the serial number. his reply was delightful. here it is
I dont know about that
I have checked on the guitar if I can see that but i couldnt. remember i told you this bass is my late brother's and I dont know nothing about guitars.

So you may know better when you get it.

as i recall, he knew enough to know what sort of pickup and preamp were in it? i couldn't have told anyone anything about pickups or preamps before i started playing bass.