Why become a member? ×

Rat Pack Help Please

lonestar

Can anyone let me have or point me at a source for tabs or notation with bass parts for any or all the following please ?

My Way (Frank Sinatra)

I left My Heart In San Francisco (Tony Bennett)

Mack The Knife (Bobby Darin)

King Of The Road (Roger Miller)

Sway (Dean Martin)

i have to learn them fairly quickly for a gig.

Cheers
Mike

They won't help much. Charts like these are played 'in the style of' and not 'the same as the original'. If you play the bass lines off a notated chart, you may find the other musicians playing something that doesn't resemble the original and your lines won't work and may even clash horribly. You would be better off getting charts with the chords and then learning the basic rhythm patterns (swing, rhumba etc). I have played all of these tunes and rarely the same twice. The first too are easy ballad/torch songs, just stick with the root notes and follow the piano. Mack is a straight swing groove and Sway is a rhumba (think the first bar of a 3:2 clave) but will depend on what the drummer is doing. I don't recall what King oF the Road sounds like rhythm section-wise.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1346403359' post='1788717']
They won't help much. Charts like these are played 'in the style of' and not 'the same as the original'. If you play the bass lines off a notated chart, you may find the other musicians playing something that doesn't resemble the original and your lines won't work and may even clash horribly. You would be better off getting charts with the chords and then learning the basic rhythm patterns (swing, rhumba etc). I have played all of these tunes and rarely the same twice. The first too are easy ballad/torch songs, just stick with the root notes and follow the piano. Mack is a straight swing groove and Sway is a rhumba (think the first bar of a 3:2 clave) but will depend on what the drummer is doing. I don't recall what King oF the Road sounds like rhythm section-wise.
[/quote]

Just all of this really.
King of the road in 2 going into 4's as the song progresses.
Chord charts the way to go, and none of them choones are hard.
Mack the Knife is just a relentless barrage of key changes.
Enjoy the gig, it will be fun.

Garry