Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

ogri

i took this in trade last weekend when i was getting me kit/rig together in a hurry.its pretty much an ok bass but not my cup of tea at all. crikey its long. and ugly (i know, pots and kettles spring to mind..).and it needs a service or new strings at the very least, though it plays ok and sounds alright. and it goes all the way up to eleven!! (or two octaves on one string at least...) and its in good nick
good things..
1) its got usa stamped on the neck plate, though i dont know if that means it was neccesarily made there (serial number is BC41Etc) n[i]ope been reliably informed its of korean nationality[/i]
2) it has a fairly pukka custom made hard flightcase(that apparently cost the best part of 200 sovs)
3) it has j and p configuration pups
4) the only picture i can find of one exactly the same on the net (google warlock bass images)is an early/mid eighties one for sale for over a thousand dollaroonies
5) it has a strap and straplocks
6) got emg pups
7) its cheap..

pick up only, £150 all in afore it goes on ebay
atb
paul

Edited by ogri

yup ida thought so mate. i took it in expecting to keep the hard case and flog the bass on to some young metalhead, but the case is too long for my precision and it seems only right to [s]hide the bass away from the world [/s]keep the two together.
ah well price drop to £150 so its even cheaperer for some crazy young pup, tomorrow night if its still tainting my conservatory it gets pulled and put on fleabay...

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1346094735' post='1785221']
Yup that's not a US one. Import Warlock shaped body.

What does it say on the headstock?

If it does not say "Made in USA" there then it is a class axe era Warlock, made in Korea. "La California edition"
[/quote]

Spot on Shockwave, Class Axe Warlock.

Which EMGs are in, Ogri?

I don't get the hate for Warlocks. They have always been my dream Bass/Guitar, it took me 20 years to actually get around to buying one, but my heart still misses a beat whenever I look at it. It's my beautiful baby. I am hoping to get myself a Revenge Warlock 6 stringer next year.

This one:

I'm not really a Guitar player, so can't justify spending more on a better one, I think this one is ideal for me, and it's lovely.

I think yours is about the right price at £150, just hope you haven't embarrassed anyone, who might have been interested, into not buying it.

I'm old enough to have read the original Ogri cartoons so by definition I'm too old for this bass :D Not a big spiky bass fan but each to their own, half the attraction of a bass is the shape IMHO and this is at least a little different compared to the usual F-bass (snore)

Ok, here goes

The L.A.California neckplate was used on EVERYTHING, damn Bernie Rico, it was used to show where the parent company was based, You see it thousands of time, "It says U.S.A. on the neckplate, therefor it is American"

As stated before, it isn't it is a Korean NJ Series II from around 1992, shame this hadn't turned up last week or next month, I could do with the case for my Snakeskin one, and the bass for parts

Best of luck with the sale :)

thanks for the info mate, appreciated. you certainly got some pukka b c richness going on with that collection! i only found out tonight it was active lol took the backplate of to check everything was hunky dory as the switch didnt seem to do much..it does now its got a fresh pp9 innit.. :D ..anyhoo, no takers so its now withdrawn and going on evilbay...
atb
paul