Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass on a budget (finally finished with pics) and Jazz Bass Mk 2 on even less of a budget!

DarkHeart

just back from rehersals, it sounded and played fantastic! then i looked over at the guitarists explorer with gold hardware and it set me off thinking hmmm........................... gold hardware would look the dogs danglies on it! what started as a budget build may yet go a bit over budget haha

doesnt look at all out of place
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/2012_09160007.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1347828656' post='1805600']
the mrs has changed my mind about the gold hardware so ill just have to get myself a decent chrome bridge and ive just contacted someone on ebay about a `Funder Jeff Bass` decal or two.
[/quote]

`Funder Jeff Bass` perfect . Agree with your Mrs about the gold hardware, ( they are always right , I'm always being told).I think a pickguard would be pretty good - but what one ?

well my bridge from china arrived this morning and i think its just saved me a bit of money, its a seriously chunky piece of kit, it seems very heavy and quite well made, the height adjustment grub screws use a 2 1/2mm allen key instead of 2mm which should mean theyre less prone to ripping chunks of skin off with sharp edges and yes ive gone back to the black pickup covers. Ive also just oredered the `Funder Jeff Bass` waterslide headstock logo :D

old and new together,
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/SNV80239.jpg[/IMG]

new bridge fitted
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/SNV80246.jpg[/IMG]

im thinking of getting a scratchplate, do i go for

A, Black - always a safe option
B, Tort - could look very nice
C, Dark grey pearl - could look even better
D, Blue marble - Different but could work
E, Red marble - Totally out of the question cos it looks like the new man u shirt :D

thoughts please.

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1348334146' post='1812506']
im thinking of getting a scratchplate, do i go for

A, Black - always a safe option
B, Tort - could look very nice
C, Dark grey pearl - could look even better
D, Blue marble - Different but could work
E, Red marble - Totally out of the question cos it looks like the new man u shirt :D

thoughts please.
[/quote]

black black blaack... although tortoiseshell could look pretty good if not too red :)

Well there will only be another installment of this to go and that will be when my Logo finally arrives hopefully this week, but guess what arrived today?

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/SNV80256.jpg[/IMG]

very pleased i opted for dark grey pearl and it fit with very little fiddling. im well pleased! :D

Well here it is the last installment, logo arrived this morning and ive got to say im over the moon with it and would recommend the guy who made it wholeheartedly! His ebay name is `bobs_decals` he charges £7.50 for 2 decals and to me its just added the finishing touch to what has turned out totally beyond my expectations! Thanks to everyone for the input and ideas and also the very kind words, heres a few more pics of the now fully finished Funder Jeff Bass!

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/IMG_0008.jpg[/IMG]

now what can i do next? :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by DarkHeart

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1348839519' post='1818958']
[/quote]

Build me one! :D That really does look like a MUCH more expensive bass than it is. I would've gone for a solid black pickguard myself but i'm a bit boring like that. I think a video/sound samples are in order now as well.

Liam

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1348839519' post='1818958']
Well here it is the last installment, logo arrived this morning and ive got to say im over the moon with it and would recommend the guy who made it wholeheartedly! His ebay name is `bobs_decals` he charges £7.50 for 2 decals and to me its just added the finishing touch to what has turned out totally beyond my expectations! Thanks to everyone for the input and ideas and also the very kind words, heres a few more pics of the now fully finished Funder Jeff Bass!

[/quote]

easy: sell me that one and build another :lol:

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1348934520' post='1819935']
haha i dont think i could part with it :) im facing a dilemma now though, a pair of Bartolinis on fleabay at £40 aaaargh! i might have to scratch the budget bit off the title haha
[/quote]

DO IT! DO IT NAOW! barts will sound way better than the wiky's.