Why become a member? ×

Overwater by Tanglewood ClassicJ - PRICE ADJUSTED

WalMan

So in the possible spirit of one in / one out I am tentatively looking to sell my Overwater by Tanglewood Classic J.

Picked it up at LBGS 12 in a spirit of madness at the end of the day and it is a super bass. Nice slim fast neck and a good tone, particularly from the P at the front. I am/was really after a Precision so am considering moving this on towards that.

The bass is only six months old (well it was when I first advertised it more like nine now & surely a suitable gestation?) and in good nick. I only have a lightweight Stagg soft case so collection preferred. I live between Brighton & Portsmouth and work in Guildford, so a meet within a reasonable distance of those would be fine.

Looking for around [s]£290 £275 £250[/s][color=#ff0000] £240 / offers[/color] - [color=#ee82ee][i]slight price adjustment for the new(ish) year[/i][/color]

Photos will follow if I can get Photobucket to work - it's currently being a pain :angry: (Edit: Now sorted. Links below)

Soundclips in my coundcloud account [url="http://soundcloud.com/aka_walman/sets/overwater-by-tanglewood/"]HERE[/url] there is also a pic of the bass there to be going on with

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1346437033' post='1789303']
I listened to your sounds and I love the sound of this, can I ask what effects gave you that please?
I'm considering your bass...
[/quote]Tom

It was recorded into Mackie Tracktion on my Mac throught an EBS Microbass II (but using that purely as a DI switched to pre EQ) to a Novation nio 2|4 into Mackie Tracktion. All that has been added is a smidge of plate reverb with IKMultimedia CSR Plate reverb on the Vintage Plate default patch on a low level send on the fingerstyle versions. So bar the reverb it was recorded completely flat, volume & tone controls full up on the bass & then three versions sweeping from the J pup on its on, to both on the centre detent on the pup pan pot, to the P on its own

A

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1346480202' post='1789665']
Awesome, so simple and so effective, does it have a low action?
[/quote]Yup that's pretty low. I like my basses set that way, despite the way I play it's very easy to play.

Was starting to waver on letting this go last night, but I have to be sensible. 1 in / 1 out & I REALLY cannot justify 5 basses for the amount of gigging I am doing at the mo! So go it must :(

Slightly naughty, premature 3 day but I'm off on hols very soon type bump.

Am I asking too much for this? It's six months old, virtually pristine and lists new for £399?

Now I have the box that LemonCellos P came in I'll post for the asking price (£290), though obviously collection, or a halfway meet would be possible.

Bump for price drop / offers around (and 'cos I have found a US P I quite fancy the look of :rolleyes: )

OOPS thought I hadn't done the three day bump &* missed the fact it had rolled to page 2. Sorry Nik!!!

Edited by WalMan

It has been pointed out to me that those ****ers @ DV247 (and it would seem SoundsLive) have this up for only £249 new. Then again I have pretty much decided to keep it and sell the Squier P so hey ho.

I shall leave this to run for any offers bearing in mind the above, but otherwise I suspect it'll die on the vine. Not that bothered at the mo anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by WalMan

• 1 month later...