Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: 1973 Gibson EB3 - Now £850!!! NOW SOLD!!!!!

surfguy13

Up for grabs my old EB3. Lovely bass, huge sound and all working as it should.

The EB3 is in pretty good condition for a guitar that's nearly 40 years old and it weighs in at 9.2lb which means it isn't a back-breaker either.

Everything works perfectly and the action, for me, is pretty good. The varitone functions well (I think!!) - all the selections certainly provide a different sound and assume these are as intended.

The pots are dated 1973 and the serial number is: 106775

The case is a home-made job but pretty damn solid and light as well. It's as strong as a standard case. Fits the bass well too so there's a minimum of movement.

Tuners are the original Schallers and work well, no tuning issues at all. It's fitted with Fender short-scale strings.

Frets are pretty good too and they are original. No issues in terms of excessive wear.

One of the bridge saddles appears not to be original but it works perfectly and I’m sure it’s no major issue to find a spare saddle or even make one?

I would consider a trade for a Fender P, ideally a 70s, or a Les Paul (guitar) or similar with 2 humbuckers.

Asking [s]£950[/s] [s] £900[/s] [b]£850[/b] :) Happy to ship anywhere.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or would like any more photos.

Edited by surfguy13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='johnbiffa' timestamp='1349873284' post='1831570']
Is this cherry faded to a walnut colour or an original walnut?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's a walnut but I guess it could be a well faded cherry - the back of the neck is much more cherry than the body. I essence it looks like a clear lacquer over a lovely walnut coloured mahogany. Some of the 70s walnut finishes were truly 'orrible but this is quite nice.....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='johnbiffa' timestamp='1350741255' post='1842905']
Trade for a Sunburst 2000 TBird IV, in great condition with original case?
[/quote]

Hi Johnbiffa

Many thanks for the offer, appreciate it. I think I'm moving away from Gibsons due to the issues with weight and neck dive.

Cheers

Guy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...