Why become a member? ×

Hi all!

kryptonicwatermelon

Hi y'all,

Been lurking for a while on this forum so I thought it was time to make an account and introduce myself to you. My name is Reinier, I'm 17 years old and live in the Netherlands, close to Rotterdam.

When I was a little kid, my mother gave me piano lessons so I learned to play piano, read sheet music, trained my ears and things like that. However, when I was about 12 years old, I decided that playing piano was dull and quit it. I still regret it, I can hardly play any piano now. Luckily, I kept my trained ears. When I was about 14 years old, I really wanted to start playing music again, so I started playing acoustic guitar, and after a while bought an electric. It was nice, but it wasn't what I wanted to do. When I first played bass, I immediately knew that this was my instrument. Got a summer job, saved up and bought a really nice precision. I play bass for a couple of years now. Apart from the sound, what really motivated me to play bassguitar (and music in general) was to start learning (again) music theory. It was such a great thing to be able to make your own music, be able to solo in the right key, etc, etc. I play almost every day for a couple of hours and love to learn new stuff. Played in a couple of easy bands, but currently I'm not in a band. I gig with other bands and stuff like that every couple of weeks though. However, I would love to start playing in a band again.

I mostly listen to progressive metal/rock, classic rock, punk and folk/symphonic metal and music where the bass is really important in the music.

My current gear: a red Squier Affinity precision (cheap, but it's really a great instrument, except the tuners and pots aren't that great), and I have a simple Fender combo amp and a Hartke HA3500 which I gig with. Also a Hartke 410TP. And a couple of effects etc. I'm gassing really badly on an Orange Terror Bass.

Well, I think that's the basic information. I really hope to learn a lot on this forum and have some nice conversations with you guys about music and all things related to bass!

Reinier

Edited by kryptonicwatermelon

Hoi Reinier,

Welkom aan de oppervlakte! Mooi verhaal - leuk om te lezen.
Je zult hier heel wat kunnen leren, en heel wat kwijt kunnen. Je zult al wel gezien hebben dat er hier veel kennis is en veel behulpzaamheid.

(En nou maar hopen dat Google Translate zun werk goet gedaan hep! ;) :D )

Groetjes,
Bert