Why become a member? ×

Tech21 Landmark 300 question

jackers

Hey all,

I have a Landmark 300 bass head, which I love, and it sounds fantastic.

I am currently in the process of changing my cabs and am wanting to get a 410. Apart from the Ampeg SVT410HLF and a couple of others, most 410s seem to 8 Ohms, and I am concerned that my amp won't put enough power into a single 8 Ohm 410, since the Landmark is only 300W (200W @ 8 Ohms).

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Landmark with a single 8 Ohm 410? Is it loud enough for rehearsals and gigs etc?

Thanks in advance :)

I used a landmark 300 with Schoeder 1212L and found it to be a bit quiet in a rock band with 2 guitarists using 100 watt valve amps, so I upgraded my cab to a 4ohm Schroeder 410L. It was still too quiet and clipped a lot. I ended up upgrading to a Markbass F1 with a VT bass pedal in front of it in the end, which gave me the same sort of tones with enough power to cut through happily.

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1345220599' post='1775219']
I used a landmark 300 with Schoeder 1212L and found it to be a bit quiet in a rock band with 2 guitarists using 100 watt valve amps, so I upgraded my cab to a 4ohm Schroeder 410L. It was still too quiet and clipped a lot. I ended up upgrading to a Markbass F1 with a VT bass pedal in front of it in the end, which gave me the same sort of tones with enough power to cut through happily.
[/quote]

hmm, that is worrying...anyone else had this issue? The landmark is the nicest sounding head I've used, and I would like to keep using it. I do have a VT bass pedal and a BDDI aswell if I do end up needing to change, but I would rather not.

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1345221282' post='1775228']
hmm, that is worrying...anyone else had this issue? The landmark is the nicest sounding head I've used, and I would like to keep using it. I do have a VT bass pedal and a BDDI aswell if I do end up needing to change, but I would rather not.
[/quote]

It really depends how loud your band is. My band at the time had both guitars running at half volume on their heads into 4x12s, which was pretty damn loud in itself, and a drummer who didn't know the meaning of the word dynamics.

Edited by Wil

ah fair enough :) it's just that it has taken me 10 years to find a tone I like, and I would ideally like to keep the same amp for more than 6 months for once :D hehe.

at the moment I'm looking at the Ampeg SVT410-HLF. does anyone have any other suggestions for good 410s to go with the landmark?

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1345219574' post='1775195']
Come to think of it - the Marshall VBC412 (a bass specific 4x12) would be a great match for that amp. And it's a 4ohm cab so you'd get all 300W
[/quote]

I`ve had a VBC412. Awesome cab, really full sound. Annoyingly, Marshall don`t put the specs, such as sensitivity or frequency range on their website, but all I can say is, they are loud cabs. No tweeter, but no lack of highs either. The only slight disadvantage is the size - typically Marshall 412 size, so a bit awkward if you don`t have an estate car or someone to help when loading it into an ordinary car.

I used it with a Marshall MB450, which puts out 300 watts at 4 ohms, and never needed the volume on more than 3, in a punk band with two other guitarists using 100 watt half-stacks.