Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 6 – SOLD

ShaunB

Up for grabs is my now unused GB Shuttle 6.0 - it has one minor issue: occasionally it produces a hum that seems to disappear with a *ahem* slight tap...

I sent it back to Fender (GB importers here in the UK) and they replaced the preamp valve. All was well until it started doing it again - a couple of people have since told me it may well be a dry joint - as such I'm selling for £250.00 inc. P+P to mainland UK.

Any questions, do ask.

Pics:

Edited by ShaunB

My first one had this fault, got it changed for another, it had the same fault. Changed the valve myself in the second one and it works fine now. The valve might just need re-seating every now and again as it works loose with vibration from travel (and sitting on top of a vibrating box all night). Mine developed the hum once more, with the new valve, a well aimed tap on the top is a quick fix during a gig, then open it up at home and tighten up the valve you should be rocking again.

Just thought I'd point this out because the price is an absolute bargain for what seems like a very minor fault. And a great amp!

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1346416068' post='1788963']
My first one had this fault, got it changed for another, it had the same fault. Changed the valve myself in the second one and it works fine now. The valve might just need re-seating every now and again as it works loose with vibration from travel (and sitting on top of a vibrating box all night). Mine developed the hum once more, with the new valve, a well aimed tap on the top is a quick fix during a gig, then open it up at home and tighten up the valve you should be rocking again.

Just thought I'd point this out because the price is an absolute bargain for what seems like a very minor fault. And a great amp!
[/quote]

How about doing a thread in Repairs and Technical like Happy Jack's on Orange Bass Terror valve replacement?
Probably be quite a few would be grateful.
I don't have the problem with mine but I would like an idiot's guide to cahanging the valve on them, er, because I'm an idiot.
Excellent amps though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...