Why become a member? ×

Alembic

parker_muse

[quote name='jakesbass' post='189959' date='May 1 2008, 08:14 PM']you mean you owe me a beer! Or has your live career disintigrated already?[/quote]

Don't get smart.

You forget I'm a legend round here. You should just be happy to have my company.

I might buy you a lemonade.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='189749' date='May 1 2008, 02:24 PM']I have visited that shop a number of times BBC they have some really nice instruments.
I think they have a used series II. give it a try it's very playable.[/quote]
I believe the owner is also the UK distributor for Alembic and he's a collector himself. He also said he was the UK distributor for Lakland but that doesn't tie up with what Lakland have on their site - mind you, I did meet him a couple of years ago. Things could have changed in that time.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='190042' date='May 1 2008, 09:37 PM']I believe the owner is also the UK distributor for Alembic and he's a collector himself. He also said he was the UK distributor for Lakland but that doesn't tie up with what Lakland have on their site - mind you, I did meet him a couple of years ago.[/quote]
Indeed, I spoke to them about the possibility of a series II fretless, but at 11K I may have to wait for my recent pop session (with royalty) to sell 10 million copies in America. I should have it by the age of 768.

As others have posted, Alembics are very idiosyncratic. However, to try a single bass and attempt to judge the brand on that seems, with all due respect, rather strange.

I play every bass I can get my hands on and have yet to play any single brand which is 100% fantastic. My favourite basses are Rickenbacker, Alembic & Sei, but I've played examples I hated from all three makers. FWIW, my Alembic is probably the best bass I've ever played, bar my 72 Ric (which is like part of me). And I've owned Wal, Jaydee, Status, Warwick, Fender, 3 Seis etc etc. I've also played several F Bass, Fodera, Overwater, Roscoe, Carl Thompson etc etc. Try some others. When you've played several, then make your mind up. It may be they just don't float your boat. Of course that doesn't make them less than "the dogs danglies", as "the dogs danglies" are a matter of preference. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad; it may be wonderful to someone else as everyone has different requirements. Generally speaking I don't like Fender or MusicMan much but they seem fairly popular!

[quote name='4000' post='192361' date='May 5 2008, 06:13 PM']I play every bass I can get my hands on and have yet to play any single brand which is 100% fantastic. My favourite basses are Rickenbacker, Alembic & Sei, but I've played examples I hated from all three makers. FWIW, my Alembic is probably the best bass I've ever played, bar my 72 Ric (which is like part of me). And I've owned Wal, Jaydee, Status, Warwick, Fender, 3 Seis etc etc. I've also played several F Bass, Fodera, Overwater, Roscoe, Carl Thompson etc etc.[/quote]

Sir, have you [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showforum=3"]introduced yourself[/url] yet? :)