Why become a member? ×

Handmade bass SOLD SOLD SOLD.

squire5

I bought this little bass off member Zephead (Mike) just over a year ago.The time has come to move it on,as I'm clearing some space for radios for my SWL hobby,and also because I've very few gigs at the minute.
This bass,when I bought it,had the name Harper on the headstock.I'd not heard of it and searching the internet produced nothing.The decal was basically on upside down so I removed it.
It's a 5 string bass with through - neck design.The neck is 5 piece. the bass is also active with a 2 band EQ fitted.Pickups are 2 x MM type humbuckers which actually produce a lot of sound,all of it good.
On close inspection it is obvious that the bass is handmade.In fact a joiner friend of mine (our drummer actually) commented on the quality of the wood used especially in the neck.The 'wings' are a very dark wood,and the body of the bass is slightly smaller than usual.
The bridge however needed attention.I had to have it recessed into the body as it was at it's max regarding string height IE couldn't be lowered any more.Also,whoever built the bass didn't check on string spacing and pole piece positions,as they don't line up exactly.
The neck is nice and fast,and it's generally a nice little bass.
I'm looking £90 ono + shipping.

Edited by squire5

When I Googled it,all I got was a reference to some Australian guy who bought cheap copy guitars,souped them up,and then sold them on.This bass has no serial number,or reference to any manufacturer.It just has a hand-made(as opposed to Home-made) feel to it.