Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer LX6

funkypenguin

Here is my Warwick Streamer LX6! Fantastic action, Looks amazing and now loaded with an East U-retro preamp. It has that fantastic warwick growl, but now the preamp has been upgraded it can nail pretty much any sound you can think of. Took me a while to really warm to this bass but now its back from setup and upgrade its one of the best sounding and feeling instruments ive ever played. She will probably be my main instrument for the forseeable future :)

Specs are...

6 String streamer LX bolt on
AAA Flame maple body (Bookmatched)
5 piece Wenge Neck
Wenge Fretboard
34" Scale
16.5mm spacing
Seymour Duncan soapbars
East U-Retro Deluxe preamp
Ramp
Side LEDS

[attachment=114472:DSCF0943.JPG] [attachment=114473:DSCF0946.JPG] [attachment=114474:DSCF0947.JPG] [attachment=114475:DSCF0949.JPG] [attachment=114476:DSCF0950.JPG] [attachment=114477:DSCF0951.JPG]

I had a Thumb Bass Bolt On 5er a long time ago.
I loved, in fact still love Warwick basses, but they're a little big for me.
Having said that, now that they'll do custom 32" and 30" bolt on versions of their basses, if I ever win the lottery, there'll be a couple on my bucket list :yarr:

Eude

• 1 month later...

Thats fantastic, many years ago (1998, to be exact) i bought a 4 string LX in exactly the same colour, i still miss that bass to this day, it went all around the world with me and i part exchanged it for a custom colour 90 streamer NT, and it wasnt as good !!!!, i was gutted, i have the east pre in my spector , and its amazing, just as an aside judging from the year of your LX it will have the nice slim wenge neck and not the baseball bat ovangol ones ( like my old streamer jazzman) am i right ? :)

Edited by lee650

Cheers!! As it happens this bass will be going around the world with me, since im working on cruise ships in the carribean as of the 15th of November! :)

You're spot on, the neck is the old slim profile, its really nice to play. Its one of the more comfortable 6er necks i've had the pleasure to play. The east preamp is one of the best bits of kit ive bought since i started playing bass. For the sound i generally go for (deep and warm with sweet top end) its brilliant, i get this sound with EQ set flat and panned to the neck pickup slightly. The only preamp ive liked as much is the pope preamp that Fodera use

Edited by funkypenguin